• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

/2 Mobile Tradition tank bag

kbasa

Hey all. Tina bought me a tank bag for my R60 and Jeff asked for pics, so here goes.

Part Number is: 71600009794

It's a decent size and fits between the fill cap and the seat. It seems to be made of "pleather", but looks decent, nonetheless.

206887654-L.jpg

The top section zips off, which allows you to take the bag with you. It's got a decently placed handle on the rear of the bag. I have a sport tank, which has a toolbox on it. This bag's base fits around the door.

206888228-L.jpg

It's held on by a strap that uses a Fastex clip. Installation takes about two seconds.

206888558-L.jpg

Inside, it's pretty basic. Just a single big compartment. Access to the map pocket is via a zipper on the top of the bag. I like this, since it means stuff won't blow out of it on the highway. I can't count the number of maps I've had blow out of the top of my Eclipse. They have the worst map pockets.

206889335-L.jpg

It seems to match the bike pretty well.

Price? Glad you asked. It's $149 from your local BMW dealer. It's not cheap, but it's made to fit the bike and seems to have a decent number of features, along with styling that certainly works with the bike. I think it has that vintage look, without the vintage hassles; leather straps, snaps and all the other stuff we used to fight with.

206890357-L.jpg

Looks nice!

This tankbag

23563318-Ocropmed.jpg

is a Rev Pack Tank Pack Jr.. It's all cordura and nearly waterproof without any kind of a cover. (It's all waterproof material and the solitary zipper is hidden under the map case.)

It's not as quick to get at the gas cap, because you do have to unclip one of the fastex buckles.

Cost is $80.

Back