• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Subscription sales at July MOA Rally

We will see...still no progress for my subscription

Barb also promised me that I was all set (said they had over 250 sales at our rally but had trouble "finding that event file" !?) ....... but I checked my subscription at the MCN site a few seconds ago and no change on my subscription.

If I billed my hourly rate for the time I have devoted to trying to fix this mess I would have a renewal that I could pass on in my will.

I was just thinking about my Consumer Magazine subscription. At the time, I believe they told me that my two year subscription would not start until October. After your experience, I guess I'll have to e-mail / call Consumer Magazine. I assumed that I was dealing with the actual mag company. Let's hope the magazines shows up soon.
I fired off an e-mail earlier this week and two or three days later my first magazine arrived. It must have been only coincidence as the mail does not travel from the US to Canada that quickly. I hope the rest of you get your magazines soon.

Resolved

:clap I am pleased to report that, thanks to the efforts of Barb at KAS Associates, my MCN subscription now reflects the two year renewal I purchased at the National on July 11. The hassle was incredible and it appears that the sales folder from our rally had been misplaced. I will never expose myself to such a mess over a magazine subscription again. I hope that all other MOA members get what they paid for as well.:clap

Anyone else subscribe to RoadRunner Magazine at the Rally? I thought I was dealing with the magazine direct, but have yet to see an issue. Not really sure who took my money. Receipt? What receipt?:dunno

Got the December issue in the mail this week! Well worth the wait. :clap

Nope still

I attended the Sturgis rally in August and still have not received MCN. Three phone calls and the same well I canÔÇÖt find that folder right now I will get back to you B.S. Strongly suggest not letting them be one of the vendors. Since it looks like it not just a one time event thing of losing the folder.

magazine subscription

I ordered a 2 year renewal at the rally. In October I got 2 magazines. One with an old expiration date of Feb 2009 and the second with an expiration date of Oct 2010. A call to MCN seems to have got this fixed. The second magazine stopped and the new mag has a expiration date of Feb 2011. The MCN folks were very courteous and assured me they would fix the problems.

Rider magazine

Patiently awaiting the arrival of my first issue, this is the reponse I got from Rider magazine customer service:

"We are having trouble locating your account using the information provided.

Regret to inform you that, we are unable to validate the legitimacy of any of the agencies. However, the time frame in getting the order forwarded to us from an agency may take up to 120 days.

Thank you for contacting us at Rider.

Sincerely,

Wendell Joseph
Email Customer Service" :banghead

Call your credit card company and challenge the charge

I purchased a 3 yr subscription for Rider from KAS on 7/18. Never recd a mag. Called and emailed Rider. They were no help whatsoever. Sent email to KAS. Never recd a response. Called KAS 847-623-1515. Woman who answered simply said Hello. No salutation. I asked if this was KAS. She said yes and ID herself as Kim. She blamed it on "computer error". I asked if she simply couldn't take care of it that day. She said no. That a subscription would begin sometime in Feb 09. I asked if she could refund my credit card payment. She said she would and that I would see the credit in 3 days. No credit was ever made. I asked who the owner of KAS was and she said David Sweet. I asked that he call me. She said he was good about returning calls. He never returned my call. This was clearly a "say anything but do nothing response" from Kim or whoever. I called my credit card - CitiCard. Even though it was a charge back in July, they said they would issue a temp credit on my account and contact KAS explaining I was challenging the charge. CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD CO.

What I don't understand is why KAS was allowed as a Vendor at the 08 Ralley when they pulled the exact same thing in 07. I think BMW MOA has some explaining to do. I also think we should be notifying the Wyoming Attorney General's Office, Consumer Affairs Office to report the theft. When added up, I suspect KAS could be charged with a felony. Has anyone contacted them yet?

Update

Called KAS on Monday, 12/8/08 and spoke again with Kim. I asked if she had issue credit as she said she was going to. "No, just didn't get around to it" she said. This time she said she was going to issue credit today and would send me copy of the receipt. She would also ask David Sweet, owner, to again call me since he never returned my call from last week. I would be very hesitant to ever do business with KAS and I believe MOA members deserve to expect that vendors at the Int'l Ralley do not have a yearly history of ripping off it's members.

Rider magazine

I also just cancelled and asked for a refund. Was a little hesitant to give my CC info, but she assures me it will be done today and she will mail me a receipt. We will see......:banghead

Kas

I dealt with these people before in at the Sturgis Rally. Subscribed in August called several times didn't start getting the magazines until March. Stay away from them. I do not know if we can keep them away from rallies but sure wouldn't give them an invite.

KAS Associates

Got my refund. Called my Bank and confirmed, also got the Refund slip from them....
My wife said Rider magazine called and they were sending the subscription anyway, I think she must have misunderstood. We shall see.

I dealt with these people before in at the Sturgis Rally. Subscribed in August called several times didn't start getting the magazines until March. Stay away from them. I do not know if we can keep them away from rallies but sure wouldn't give them an invite.

Surely the company can be denied admittance at future rallies! Their application can simply be denied. It might also be a policy in the future to ask for and check references from vendor applicants that are unknown...

MCN-Renewal Vendor at IMS Show in DC Jan 9-11

It's Sunday Jan 11 and I just got home to Boston from the Washington, DC IMS Motorcycle Show: There was a booth with MCN and another 9 or so related magazines hawking renewal deals to the passing crowd. I easily recognized the man and woman behind the counter from some previous show(s) or rally(s). He was quiet but she used her scratchy smoker's voice to hawk loudly at all passersby. I found her aggressiveness to be a turn off and I did not inquire or extend this time, although I remember doing so several years ago. Don't know if it was KAS but it was the same vendor I have seen before.
I did extend my MOA membership 3 years at their booth manned by Mike Fridel and another gent.
I was SHOCKED that BMW Motorcycles and Bob's BMW dealership were NOT at the DC show! Out of 13 locations this year in 2009, I was told BMW is showing at 4 of them, including NYC next weekend (don't know if there were any venues in late 2008 as in some years).
Also missing were Sean Franklin & Cycle Gadgets.com. The stunt motorcycle show was replaced by stunt bicycle show!
I will not be back there next year, after a 5 year run.
Mark

I ordered Motorcyclist from KAS at the Gillette rally. I have yet to receive an issue. About a month ago I mailed a copy of the receipt and a letter asking them to please start my issues. I have heard nothing and I have not received any Motorcyclist magazines. If I see them at the Chicago IMS show I'll certainly have a word with them and I'll wait until there are lots of people there signing up for subscriptions.

I'll never do business with them again.

I sent them yet another email a few weeks ago. Yesterday I received the first issue of my subscription.

I sent them yet another email a few weeks ago. Yesterday I received the first issue of my subscription.

I called them 3 times told me I would get Rider starting in Dec. Never happened so I called my credit card C. & they reversed the charges. I hope they are not at this years rally & if they are I will warn people of the problems.

I called them 3 times told me I would get Rider starting in Dec. Never happened so I called my credit card C. & they reversed the charges. I hope they are not at this years rally & if they are I will warn people of the problems.

I wonder if a note from the MOA Executive Director to the marketing firm might help. Just a thought...

This sure seems like a situation where we as members need to see just what the high authorities in the organization do on our behalf.

Hopefully with some pressure the company can be convinced to make good on these problem dealings.

Even if these complaints are resolved I would hope that consideration is being given to not having this vendor at the 2009 rally. So far they seem to have generated a lot more problems for our members and guests than I would expect a first class business would.

Back