Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Subscription sales at July MOA Rally

Angry Good idea....unless you paid cash as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jeinloes View Post
    I too, have yet to see a change in my subscription. I'm going to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge. That should get KAS Associates' attention. I'd suggest others do the same. Power in numbers.
    This is a very good idea...unfortunately I must have been in a nostalgic mood and used the method of my forefathers....paid $44 cash as shown on my receipt.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" Satchell Paige

Angry "Not from KAS Associates"

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Anyone else subscribe to RoadRunner Magazine at the Rally? I thought I was dealing with the magazine direct, but have yet to see an issue. Not really sure who took my money. Receipt? What receipt?
    Dan, I finally got through to "Barb" at KAS Associates and am waiting to hear back from her (my hopes are not up as I went through this same routine 4 or 5 weeks ago with no return call) and mentioned your RoadRunner mag prob and she said that they "don't carry that one."

I will report again if and when I hear back from Barb.

Rick

Contact Information- KAS Associates

Below you will find the full contact information for this vendor. Please keep us posted if this is not resolved to your satisfaction.

The BMW MOA takes Member Satisfaction very seriously.

KAS Associates, Ltd. / Motorcycle Consumer News
    David Sweet, President
    P.O. Box 659
    Gurnee, IL 60031
    Office Phone: 847-623-1515
    FAX: 847-623-5676

E-mail: kasassociates@cs.com
    Last edited by Sue Rihn-Manke; 10-22-2007 at 09:36 PM.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

me, too

I also extended my subscription.
    I have not seen any changes on my label.
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Thumbs up Good news!

Barb at KAS offices solved my subscription problem.

Call the number that Sue provided.

You will be happy, not to worry.
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Angry We will see...still no progress for my subscription

Barb also promised me that I was all set (said they had over 250 sales at our rally but had trouble "finding that event file" !?) ....... but I checked my subscription at the MCN site a few seconds ago and no change on my subscription.

If I billed my hourly rate for the time I have devoted to trying to fix this mess I would have a renewal that I could pass on in my will.

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    I was just thinking about my Consumer Magazine subscription. At the time, I believe they told me that my two year subscription would not start until October. After your experience, I guess I'll have to e-mail / call Consumer Magazine. I assumed that I was dealing with the actual mag company. Let's hope the magazines shows up soon.
    I fired off an e-mail earlier this week and two or three days later my first magazine arrived. It must have been only coincidence as the mail does not travel from the US to Canada that quickly. I hope the rest of you get your magazines soon.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Smile Resolved

I am pleased to report that, thanks to the efforts of Barb at KAS Associates, my MCN subscription now reflects the two year renewal I purchased at the National on July 11. The hassle was incredible and it appears that the sales folder from our rally had been misplaced. I will never expose myself to such a mess over a magazine subscription again. I hope that all other MOA members get what they paid for as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Anyone else subscribe to RoadRunner Magazine at the Rally? I thought I was dealing with the magazine direct, but have yet to see an issue. Not really sure who took my money. Receipt? What receipt?
    Got the December issue in the mail this week! Well worth the wait.
    Dan

erickson9502

Nope still

I attended the Sturgis rally in August and still have not received MCN. Three phone calls and the same well I canÔÇÖt find that folder right now I will get back to you B.S. Strongly suggest not letting them be one of the vendors. Since it looks like it not just a one time event thing of losing the folder.

bump

Rally Rat

magazine subscription

I ordered a 2 year renewal at the rally. In October I got 2 magazines. One with an old expiration date of Feb 2009 and the second with an expiration date of Oct 2010. A call to MCN seems to have got this fixed. The second magazine stopped and the new mag has a expiration date of Feb 2011. The MCN folks were very courteous and assured me they would fix the problems.

Rally Rat

Rider magazine

Patiently awaiting the arrival of my first issue, this is the reponse I got from Rider magazine customer service:

"We are having trouble locating your account using the information provided.

Regret to inform you that, we are unable to validate the legitimacy of any of the agencies. However, the time frame in getting the order forwarded to us from an agency may take up to 120 days.

Thank you for contacting us at Rider.

Sincerely,

Wendell Joseph
    Email Customer Service"

Registered User halshaffer7@gmail.com's Avatar

Call your credit card company and challenge the charge

I purchased a 3 yr subscription for Rider from KAS on 7/18. Never recd a mag. Called and emailed Rider. They were no help whatsoever. Sent email to KAS. Never recd a response. Called KAS 847-623-1515. Woman who answered simply said Hello. No salutation. I asked if this was KAS. She said yes and ID herself as Kim. She blamed it on "computer error". I asked if she simply couldn't take care of it that day. She said no. That a subscription would begin sometime in Feb 09. I asked if she could refund my credit card payment. She said she would and that I would see the credit in 3 days. No credit was ever made. I asked who the owner of KAS was and she said David Sweet. I asked that he call me. She said he was good about returning calls. He never returned my call. This was clearly a "say anything but do nothing response" from Kim or whoever. I called my credit card - CitiCard. Even though it was a charge back in July, they said they would issue a temp credit on my account and contact KAS explaining I was challenging the charge. CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD CO.

What I don't understand is why KAS was allowed as a Vendor at the 08 Ralley when they pulled the exact same thing in 07. I think BMW MOA has some explaining to do. I also think we should be notifying the Wyoming Attorney General's Office, Consumer Affairs Office to report the theft. When added up, I suspect KAS could be charged with a felony. Has anyone contacted them yet?
    [FONT="Lucida Console"]/FONT]
    Hal

2014 K1600GT Sport

Registered User halshaffer7@gmail.com's Avatar

Update

Called KAS on Monday, 12/8/08 and spoke again with Kim. I asked if she had issue credit as she said she was going to. "No, just didn't get around to it" she said. This time she said she was going to issue credit today and would send me copy of the receipt. She would also ask David Sweet, owner, to again call me since he never returned my call from last week. I would be very hesitant to ever do business with KAS and I believe MOA members deserve to expect that vendors at the Int'l Ralley do not have a yearly history of ripping off it's members.
    [FONT="Lucida Console"]/FONT]
    Hal

2014 K1600GT Sport