• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Subscription sales at July MOA Rally

refinger

Have any other members experienced problems with magazine subscriptions purchased from KAS Associates at this summer's BMWMOA Rally in Wisconsin? My two riding buddies and I all renewed our subscriptions to Motorcycle Consumer News at the rally on July 10 ( MCN "knows nothing" and has no phone number that I can find and replies to email messages with a canned and very unhelpful response). I now fully realize that KAS Associates is an independent vendor (something I didn't realize at the time) but KAS's phone either goes unanswered or messages left are not returned. Now our subscription have lapsed. Is this fraud or incompetence on the part of KAS? We had seen KAS booths at previous BMWMOA rallies so we assumed legitimacy. Any other members with experience or knowledge on this? 'Praps we are just each out our $41....ouch and anger.

I was just thinking about my Consumer Magazine subscription. At the time, I believe they told me that my two year subscription would not start until October. After your experience, I guess I'll have to e-mail / call Consumer Magazine. I assumed that I was dealing with the actual mag company. Let's hope the magazines shows up soon. Please post when yours do arrive.

Have any other members experienced problems with magazine subscriptions purchased from KAS Associates at this summer's BMWMOA Rally in Wisconsin? My two riding buddies and I all renewed our subscriptions to Motorcycle Consumer News at the rally on July 10 ( MCN "knows nothing" and has no phone number that I can find and replies to email messages with a canned and very unhelpful response). Any other members with experience or knowledge on this? 'Praps we are just each out our $41....ouch and anger.

If this continues to be a problem, you may want to contact Paul Johnson, Consumer Liason poorpaul@sbcglobal.net

Good luck

Thank you Karol. If this situation persists I will pursue it in a variety of ways....it may make for a good winter pastime. Also I would hope that, if proven warranted, BMWMOA will not allow KAS Associates in again :violin as rally vendors to prey on our membership.

Add me to the list. I bought a MCN sub from them but have yet to get an issue.

John

EDIT 10/15/07: I got my first isue in the mail this weekend. In the words of Emily Litella, "never mind."

Last edited:
I will ask Sam Munn for their contact information.

Sue
... (2007 Rally Chairman)

Contact Info

Here is the contact info from the receipt: KAS Associates, LOCK BOX 659, GURNEE, IL, 60031 / 847/623-1515 Fax: 847/623-5676.

Many calls have resulted in one contact with a woman who claimed that "maybe they just hadn't been sent in yet to MCN" (this was in mid-September). She promised to get back to me the next day but never did.

I too, have yet to see a change in my subscription. I'm going to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge. That should get KAS Associates' attention. I'd suggest others do the same. Power in numbers.

I ordered Motorcycle Consumer News at the National. Called a few weeks ago to check on it. They said I would get it in about a month. Got my first issue yesterday. Good luck getting yours. Barry

I ordered Motorcycle Consumer News at the National. Called a few weeks ago to check on it. They said I would get it in about a month. Got my first issue yesterday. Good luck getting yours. Barry

I got my sub to MCN that I bought at the national, but instead of extending my current sub which expires in May '08, they started an additional sub. I made a point of trying to avoid that with the vendor, but it didn't help.
I'm done with KAS. I'll see now if MCN will fix it.

Anyone else subscribe to RoadRunner Magazine at the Rally? I thought I was dealing with the magazine direct, but have yet to see an issue. Not really sure who took my money. Receipt? What receipt?:dunno

If charge was made on a credit card the charge should be on the statement. No statement? Most companies go back several months on the Web.

Good idea....unless you paid cash as I did.

I too, have yet to see a change in my subscription. I'm going to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge. That should get KAS Associates' attention. I'd suggest others do the same. Power in numbers.

This is a very good idea...unfortunately I must have been in a nostalgic mood and used the method of my forefathers....paid $44 cash as shown on my receipt.

"Not from KAS Associates"

Anyone else subscribe to RoadRunner Magazine at the Rally? I thought I was dealing with the magazine direct, but have yet to see an issue. Not really sure who took my money. Receipt? What receipt?:dunno

Dan, I finally got through to "Barb" at KAS Associates and am waiting to hear back from her (my hopes are not up as I went through this same routine 4 or 5 weeks ago with no return call) and mentioned your RoadRunner mag prob and she said that they "don't carry that one."

I will report again if and when I hear back from Barb.

Rick

Contact Information- KAS Associates

Below you will find the full contact information for this vendor. Please keep us posted if this is not resolved to your satisfaction.

The BMW MOA takes Member Satisfaction very seriously.

KAS Associates, Ltd. / Motorcycle Consumer News
David Sweet, President
P.O. Box 659
Gurnee, IL 60031
Office Phone: 847-623-1515
FAX: 847-623-5676

E-mail: kasassociates@cs.com

Last edited:
Good news!

Barb at KAS offices solved my subscription problem.

Call the number that Sue provided.

You will be happy, not to worry.

Back