• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2008 Rally Schedule

scootrp125x

They call me Gort
I have to bid my 2008 vacation time in a couple of months. I would love to know when/where rallies are going to be held so I can try and plan my vacations for maximum rally exposure. If anyone would like to post their rally dates it would be greatly appreciated. I dont need complete details, just dates for now. The rally schedule in our magazine is a great resource for the details closer to rally time. Maybe others on the forum would appreciate having this information a bit early for planning purposes. Thanks.

Mark

I have to bid my 2008 vacation time in a couple of months. I would love to know when/where rallies are going to be held so I can try and plan my vacations for maximum rally exposure. If anyone would like to post their rally dates it would be greatly appreciated. I dont need complete details, just dates for now. The rally schedule in our magazine is a great resource for the details closer to rally time. Maybe others on the forum would appreciate having this information a bit early for planning purposes. Thanks.

Mark

Hey now,

The when and where really don't get filled up until the Feb issue. Having said this the organized clubs (who tend to host the best events) will have all their info in the January issue.

I would also suggest you report or ask a mod to move this to Chartered Clubs and local events as you might get more info there.

If you have a geographic area you want to explore you could also surf the web for local clubs in the area. Most rallies are on a annual schedule, i.e. Charter Oak is always Memorial Day, Damn Yankess is always the first full weekend in August, etc.

HTH.

rallies

Hey folks,

The date for the MOA 2008 Rally has been on the homepage for several months now. Just scroll down and you'll see it.

Also, for all the club rallies, when we get notified of dates we place them in the Online "When and Where" section right away.... so have a look. Click on "Happenings" on the left side of the homepage and what we have for 2008 is listed ...

Thanks,
Vince

Thanks. I know this seems to be way to early but I have to carve my 2008 vacations in stone by the beginning of January.

Thanks. I know this seems to be way to early but I have to carve my 2008 vacations in stone by the beginning of January.

Your best bet is to find a copy of an Owners News from last spring. Most event are the same or close to the same weekend from year to year.

Pick a few that look interesting and call the contact person for next year's date.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to archive the when and where on-line.

Your best bet is to find a copy of an Owners News from last spring. Most event are the same or close to the same weekend from year to year.

Pick a few that look interesting and call the contact person for next year's date.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to archive the when and where on-line.

Thanks, good idea. I checked a couple of club websites but they had not posted their 2008 dates yet.

Thanks, good idea. I checked a couple of club websites but they had not posted their 2008 dates yet.

Bear in mind that many of the clubs don't have the same horsepower for updates to websites and such, or they don't get to it until later in the year, hence the suggestion to contact last year's chair.

I would also suggest posting questions about specific rallies in the Chartered Club and local events section. I am sure somebody from the club involved will help you out.

The weekend before the MOA in Gillette, WY, July 13 - 15, 2008, is the Black Hill BMW Stampede. It will be their 5th year. It is a great little rally in Spearfish. Great riding. There is a write up in the September issue of ON. 2008 Black Hills BMW Stampede. I highly recommend it. Maybe you could extend your vacation another weekend.

Last edited:
I want to make sure i am clear about dates...

July 17th, Thursday is the first night we are at the grounds and can camp, right?

And Sunday, July 20th is check out day and the rally officially closes that afternoon, right?

Actually, if you volunteer you may be able to arrive before Thursday morning. But, yes, Thursday is the first day.

And most riders pack up and leave Sunday morning. Unless you want to stay and help with cleanup.

Volunteers are the heart and soul of the rally. Lots of fun before, during and after the official rally. Hope you can find time to join the ranks.

Voni
sMiling

That's great! I probably will volunteer if there are some openings, but I won't be arriving until Thurs--midday. I'm trying to do a 1000/24 hr ride on the way out there and will have to make it by 12pm to earn a certificate.

That's great! I probably will volunteer if there are some openings, but I won't be arriving until Thurs--midday. I'm trying to do a 1000/24 hr ride on the way out there and will have to make it by 12pm to earn a certificate.

Never fear. There's always a need for volunteers. Good luck on your SS. I hope you're taking the long way around, because Gillette is only 750 from Minneapolis.:stick

BTW...I like bricks too!:laugh

I have figured a route that takes me on 94 to Glendive MT, then SW towards Billings...but I'm cutting across 212 down to Little Big Horn to see the monument then a southern loop to get to Gillette. According to Google Maps the route is 1007. I am getting a brand new speedo and having it tested for accuracy plus a gps to second what I come up with in mileage. Hopefully the route will qualify as there is no backtracking on the route other than the in/out of Little Big Horn.

I have figured a route that takes me on 94 to Glendive MT, then SW towards Billings...but I'm cutting across 212 down to Little Big Horn to see the monument then a southern loop to get to Gillette. According to Google Maps the route is 1007. I am getting a brand new speedo and having it tested for accuracy plus a gps to second what I come up with in mileage. Hopefully the route will qualify as there is no backtracking on the route other than the in/out of Little Big Horn.

Just make sure you get receipts at every corner / intersection that you are adding to get the extra distance.

Best,

Rob Nye

Mark

Check <a href="http://www.bmwmoa.org/happenings/whereandwhen.htm">here</a> for a list of places and times.

Bill

Back