• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Storage Idea

leboutillier

Hey, your cross crountry trip does not have to take place all at once. Store your bike at a self storage facility close to any major airport. For about $50 per MONTH, the bike is under YOUR lock and key. I have yet to find a storage business who requires a long term contract. AND, in many cases, the first month is 1/2 price. So, get out there and plan that long trip.

There was a time in my life when circumstances found me living in a rather worrisome part of town and owning a Harley - a thief magnet. I rented a storage cubicle for the bike and would have to drive there whenever I wanted to ride. It worked well except for the fact that the facility closed at 11P.M. I missed "curfew" more then once.

John

I did much the same when I was "full-timing" it in my RV. It was nice to have a "garage" to work on the bikes and cars. :thumb

I live a half hour from Harrisburg International Airport, leave your bike here at my place, in a heated/cooled garage, and fly in to ride anytime you want! :thumb Just don't look closely at your odometer! :whistle

A group from New Brunswick, Canada are riding to Orlando, FL next week to rent a storage facility for 5 bikes. They plan on returning individually over the winter and ride while on vacation, returning the bikes to New Brunswick after Daytona in the spring:dance

A group from New Brunswick, Canada are riding to Orlando, FL next week to rent a storage facility for 5 bikes. They plan on returning individually over the winter and ride while on vacation, returning the bikes to New Brunswick after Daytona in the spring:dance

You might suggest they check with BMW Orlando and/or Daytona. IIRC, one or both of them provide a bike storage service for just that type of people. The owner of BMW Orlando (?) also has a facility in Europe.

Daytona BMW owns Orlando BMW IIRC

You might suggest they check with BMW Orlando and/or Daytona. IIRC, one or both of them provide a bike storage service for just that type of people. The owner of BMW Orlando (?) also has a facility in Europe.

You're not referring to Larry Cann are you regarding Euro storage?

Back