• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200cl

BODENNY

I just bought a R1200CL and have put a 1k miles on it. My first BMW was a new 1970 750/5 which I still have. My friends gave me a hard time about riding a old man's bike because it was a BMW. I've gone full circle and I am back to a old man's bike, I guess.

I am really enjoying this machine though.

Bodenny said:
I just bought a R1200CL and have put a 1k miles on it. My first BMW was a new 1970 750/5 which I still have. My friends gave me a hard time about riding a old man's bike because it was a BMW. I've gone full circle and I am back to a old man's bike, I guess.

I am really enjoying this machine though.
All that matters is that you like it. It doesn't matter what others think.:brow
Glad you're enjoying the CL. Very nice bike ...

My first BMW was also a new R75/6...this was my all time favorite
Beemer until I got my CLC. I've put over 1.1k on my bike so far and it just keeps getting better each time out. I remember how in the seventies BMW's were often called an old man's bike but these newer machines are far from being an old man's bike even though I'm considered as being much closer to being an old man...
Fortunately I still think I'm much younger...if only I could convince my body of that !! :cool:

Bodenny, you're enjoying it. That's all that matters. And I've seen young'uns on airheads.

Enjoy the ride.

"No BMW is an old man's bike. I know plenty of young chicks who ride them too "

Now I'm having an identity crisis. Having traded in my K1200LT for a R1200CLC - reading this post, I no longer know who I am.

Where is there help, truth or justice?

No matter what - the CLC is my 3rd Beemer and my favorite!!!

Actually chromeheads.org

Club? Well sort of ...

We all belong to chromeheads.org (unofficial website for R1200C & CL). BMW MOA Club 274

Someone submitted the chromeheads patch. The selection came up when I registered.

club, well sort of......

Kevin, you are a Chromehead moderator, right......

Your comment: "club, well sort of"......... Might you expand on that thought.

Kevin910 (sitting in the corner and doesn't give a rat's ass, as most well know).

Back