• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Searching for Evolution

PAULBACH

Photo theme for weekend was evolution. Rode over 350 miles and only found one cheesy shot for the theme. But did get a few colorful shots with K75 for Foundation submission.

0930Adirondacks0012.jpg

Lake George Regatta was a bust. No air, no wind, dead calm day. So boats were being pulled from water at the Lake George Club. Sibud, it would have broke your heart.

0930Adirondacks0092.jpg

Some of the local boats that will remain at the Lake George Club for awhile.

0930Adirondacks006.jpg

High Strung as it is being pulled from the water. The club has some amazing equipment for getting the boats in and out of Lake George.

Was hoping to photograph some nice billowing sails in the wind but now to made lemonade out of one big lemon. Head further north from Diamond Point toward The Adirondack Club's Loj (correct spelling) and see the late September color.

0930Adirondacks0212.jpg

K75 just about ready to head north onto I-87 sometimes called the Northway since it runs from New York City to the Canadian border. I like the K75 for day trips. Plenty of power, good acceleration and just the right size. It draws a lot of "nice bike" comments.

0930Adirondacks0342.jpg

Later in day headed south of Route 73. Very curvy roads and great scenery. A National MOA rally was once held in Lake Placid not too far from where this shot was taken. But did manage to get the K75 in the sunlight to bring out its red color.

0930Adirondacks0412.jpg

Not quite peak color. That should come in a few days.

0930Adirondacks046.jpg

Not quite peak color. That should come in a few days. I'll be there.

More pictures to be posted later in the day. Have to go trim some trees. Get the job done early and then can return to play. I was never this busy when I was working.

Last edited:
0930Adirondacks010.jpg

The Lake George Club has fancy digs.

0930Adirondacks0542-1.jpg

Searching for the elusive Foundation shot outside Keene, NY

0930Adirondacks0712-1.jpg

Olympic Ski Jump Outside Lake Placid, NY

0930Adirondacks0802-1.jpg

A close-up of the Olympic jump. Will be getting some shots from the top later this week.

0930Adirondacks078-1.jpg

Have to pose the K75 in front of the towers.

0930adirondacks088s.jpg

One more shot for the Foundation

0930Adirondacks098-1.jpg

Home bound down route 73

Last edited:
Lots of beautiful shots, Paul. Really nice stuff. Looks like a gorgeous day and a great ride. And it is a really nice bike.

Saw some "evolution" in one or two of these pics. I thought perhaps this one might fit the theme, at least in my mind. You know, coming out of the water. . . . :dunno

0930Adirondacks006.jpg

Anyway, very nice shots. :clap

Back