• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Three Bond 1207 B sealant alternatives?

B

buckeyeclark

Today I had to remove the oil sump (pan) from my K100RT. The Hanes manual says to apply a "thin smear" of Three Bond 1207 B Sealant to the mating surface upon re-fitting. I do not have any Three Bond 1207 B sealant. Is there anything else that would be acceptable for use in it's place that I may be able to pick up at an auto parts store or the local Harley/Honda dealer? I would like to put the bike back together tomorrow and do not want to wait to have the Three Bond stuff shipped to me from the BMW dealer. If there is nothing else that is acceptable I will order it and impatiently await it's arrival. Thanks

Hi, Buckeye,
Hie thee down to thy local auto parts store - Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. Buy a tube of Permatex Ultra-Gray. I use it on the K1100LT and K75 for the half moons and timing cover joints on the valve cover gasket. It is the same as Hondabond, Yamabond, Dreibond, etc. and is sensor-safe.

Hi, Buckeye,
Hie thee down to thy local auto parts store - Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. Buy a tube of Permatex Ultra-Gray. I use it on the K1100LT and K75 for the half moons and timing cover joints on the valve cover gasket. It is the same as Hondabond, Yamabond, Dreibond, etc. and is sensor-safe.

Why thank thee!!! :D

Back