• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Austin to Marble Falls

U

USERNAME

Today my company had a meeting at 2pm to announce that the cost of our benefits was doubling and our coverage was cut by about half. Amazingly I wasn't motivated to leverage my core competency to maximize shareholder value. F*ck the shareholders, it was 60+ degrees, sunny, and my machine was sitting in the parking garage waiting for me to come get it. Goodbye my loyal co-workers, I'm leaving early for a ride!

I bugged out at about 3:30pm. I rode down 360, out 2222, headed out lime creek road to 1431, and took that over to Marble falls. Where are these roads? Well, here is my whole ride, all 122 miles of it... sorry there is no scale on this. I'll figure out how to add that some other time. But this is my GPS track overlaid onto a satellite image of the area...

Attachments

• whole_ride.jpg
    whole_ride.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 190
this is a fun ride because there are a mix of roads. you get some really tight twisty roads along the lake. they have a little mix of straight-aways, which gives the squids on sport bikes a little room to pass me. actually, on lime creek road, i saw three of them off on the side. two of them looked bored, the third was picking up his bike and surveying the debris field of plastic he left when he wrecked. lime creek road is a popular road to ride too fast on. during nice weather it also has rednecks in gigantic pickups and weekend boaters hauling boats with big SUVs. it's a good road to get hurt on. i ride it like a pansy, but it's still fun.

here are a couple of snaps of it going along the lake. it might not all be lime creek, i just want you guys to see how curvy the road is. it's fun.

Attachments

• lake_01.jpg
    lake_01.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 188
can i put more than one pic per post? i dont know how to. thats ok, my post count is now rapidly approaching kbasa's. :)

Attachments

• lime_creek_01.jpg
    lime_creek_01.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 184
so i finished up 1431 in marble falls, and headed left on 281.

Attachments

• marble_falls.jpg
    marble_falls.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 182
after a short bit on 281 i swirl around and head east on 71. the rest of the ride from here is slab-like. it's not really interstate, but the roads are fairly wide and straight. you can make Pretty Good Time on this stretch headed back to austin. i took my time today.

Attachments

• 281-71.jpg
    281-71.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 179
some sweepers on rm 2244, then left on 360 and headed home.

Attachments

• 2244-360.jpg
    2244-360.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 175
Amazing use of CorpSpeak!

From the lines on the map, it looks like you maximized
the tires in a forward-looking and synergistic manner.

Hey, we could play buzzword bingo!

Ian

ian,

i can see we have mindshare on my assessment of the upside of a 3:30pm exit strategy.

:D

Indeed we do.

And as long as we're all on the same page, why don't we
take this window of opportunity to strategically facilitate a
best-of-breed or more correctly "bleeding edge" and globally
challenging and karma building alliance with the road?

Ian

:thumb

Nothing like a little afternoon rejuvenation. I spent that after traveling up the California coast at extremely high speed.

In an airplane.

:(

Back