• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

CCR vs MOA rally

G

gpolakow

I went to my first CCR this year. Have never been to MOA rally. Just bought my first beemer in June, an LT. Can anyone tell me which one is best. I probably can only do one next year. They're both out west. Suggestions?

I went to my first CCR this year. Have never been to MOA rally. Just bought my first beemer in June, an LT. Can anyone tell me which one is best. I probably can only do one next year. They're both out west. Suggestions?

The two events are really nothing alike, other than both involve BMW motorcycles, and you're likely to see some of the same faces. The 'MOA Rally features a lot of camping, although many stay in hotels. It's much larger - typically around 8,000 attendees, plus many, many vendors.

Since you've been to a CCR why not try the 'MOA Rally this summer, that way you'll have a taste of both? :thumb

Yep. Check them both out.

You're not going to have a bad time at either one, so why not try the MOA this year?and hey, fill out your profile. :)

I amy going to ask a stupied questions. What is CCR. I have not heard of the group and doing a search did not find but some goverment group and the band.

Don

I amy going to ask a stupied questions. What is CCR. I have not heard of the group and doing a search did not find but some goverment group and the band.

Don

It's the Central Cal BMW Riders club. They put on the Autumn Beemer Bash Rally in September. The last few years it has been at the Plumas county fairgrounds in Quincy, CA, a beautiful location up in the Sierra Nevada.

It is the Curve Cowboy Renunion. They get approx. 800-1000 partipants annually.

The biggest difference is that while BMWOA holds their event at a campground, CCR is held at a 4-5 star resort.

Workshop topics and Vendors- BMWMOA is bigger.
Accomodations- CCR is better.

IMHO:
First BMW Event- go to the BMWMOA Rally.
First BMW Event with wife- go to the CCR

Don
I was, in fact, referring to the Curve Cowboy Reunion.

I don't know that you can compare a small gathering like the CCR to a massive rally like the MOA rally. Which is better all comes down to taste.

CCR and MOA

http://www.curvecowboyreunion.com/

This site is down this week, due to server problems, but the next CCR will be in Utah. Each year the site moves to different resort...last year we where at Chateau Elan near Atlanta, other sites have been Breckenridge Co, Jackson Hole Wy, Santa Fe, Gatlinburg Tn, and other sites.....This year was Tan Tara A in the Ozarks.

CCR is smaller, is more like a family REUNION, while MOA is more of a Rally with many, many vendor and folks. I have attended both....as said before, it depends on your personal taste.

If your wife doesn't care for camping or motels...you will be a winner with CCR, resorts, spas, cooking classes plus many other spousal activiites, sit down dinners, banquet, entertainment plus great riding.

I like them both, glad they are not the same week...

Back