• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Three countries in one day

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
Ha! I bet that subject line got your attention!

Yesterday a co-worker asked if I'd help him move a friend's motorcycle from his garage to his friend's garage. The friend has been in Afghanistan for the past year, and my co-worker has been storing his Yamaha YZ-something 600cc sport bike in his garage.

As my RT-P is a single-seater, we took his Triumph Daytona 600. I'm a 220# guy, and getting up and on the back of the Triumph was quite the scene. I called it "stadium seating", as I sat a full foot higher up than my co-worker. We rode the 10 miles to his place, where I got on the Yamaha and rode it another 10 miles to his friend's place. Then he asked if I'd like to drive his Triumph, as he'd never ridden on the back of his own bike.

Now two-up on a sport bike isn't the way to evaluate a sport bike, and we did make it safely back to the office, but I missed my RT at every opportunity.

Afterwards, I joked that I needed to go test-ride a Harley or a Buell, and then a Ducati, and I would have ridden bikes from all major bike manufacturing countries/companies - my German BMW, his British Triumph, his buddy's Japanese Yamaha, and then the American bikes.

After riding two bikes not my own, I was grateful to ride my RT home.

Last edited:
but_but_but.gif

What if the components on Japanese bikes were made in China or Korea?

You may have more than three countries!

How about the tires?

Hmmmmm?

California/Mexico are the same now, haven't you heard? We are 55% Latino out here in CA., these days. Its true and a fairly recent change in numbers. I'm sure Tejas is close behind:),Randy13233:hug :violin

Back