Thread: East Coast Rides

Question East Coast Rides

Hey All,

Next spring I am contimplating an East Port Maine to Key West Florida Run in 48 hrs on a 1991 K75...am I crazy
    Tim
    1997 K1100 LT
    " If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." And that is OK with me

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    One of the most bullet proof bike BMW ever made except ...

for the splines.

Just make sure they are lubricated and enjoy the ride.

Post the route and the dates and I suspect more than a few of us will ride part of the way with you.

Hey, a couple of years ago I went by myself to New Zealand just to ride the countryside. Take lots of pictures.

belquar
    No point setting small goals for yourself. I assume the only way is to Slab it in that time frame. I personally can't stand I-95. Good luck. Stay alert. Make sure you obey the posted speeds through VA. 15 over will cost you 1500 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Belquar View Post
    Make sure you obey the posted speeds through VA. 15 over will cost you 1500 bucks.
    And you know because...? (I hope you're not speaking from personal experience.)
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    One of the most bullet proof bike BMW ever made except ...

for the splines.

Just make sure they are lubricated and enjoy the ride.

Post the route and the dates and I suspect more than a few of us will ride part of the way with you.

Hey, a couple of years ago I went by myself to New Zealand just to ride the countryside. Take lots of pictures.
    Hey Paul,

Drive shaft and Diff have been replaced...KYUSE is smooth as silk up to a "C" note in mph.

Christ Church (chichi), is a place I would like to return to... I,ll keep you posted on my planned adventure from Eastport to Key west..

Why is it the more I ride my K75 the more I enjoy and value it?
    Tim
    1997 K1100 LT
    " If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." And that is OK with me

Quote Originally Posted by Belquar View Post
    No point setting small goals for yourself. I assume the only way is to Slab it in that time frame. I personally can't stand I-95. Good luck. Stay alert. Make sure you obey the posted speeds through VA. 15 over will cost you 1500 bucks.
    Thanks---I 95 north of DC to Boston really sucks but is as much a challenge as the western runs through the deserts and mountains. Timing your run is really the key. I have a son in VA. a daughter in FL and a crazy sister in Key West...what more can I ask for
    Tim
    1997 K1100 LT

belquar
    Quote Originally Posted by terham View Post
    And you know because...? (I hope you're not speaking from personal experience.)
    Nope. Folks live in NOVA. The state admits that it is a revenue generator. You will notice throughout the state that you will generally pass everyone if you do more than 10 over.

I will join the ride in Savannah GA

I would be up for a ride to Key West. Let me know when you are comming through Savannah GA. I'll ride from their and back. I too have a crazy sister but not sure where she will be living by then.

I ride a K100

Unavailable for comment

15 over = $1,500??

And you haven't yet revolted, why? The Brits are destroying speed cameras (and posting pics of the results on the Internet) for a fine that's less than 1/20 of $1,500 in USD. What happened to us?