• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride Report: The Bear, The Queen, and Me

kreinke

This ride report is not about riding my bike through crappy weather for two days straight to reach some exotic stretch of twisty, scenic road with hundreds of curves. Nor is this ride report about my trip to Alaska because I do not have the vacation time nor an understanding enough spouse to allow me such adventures.

This ride report is about a little freckled first grader who's watched from the sidelines waiting for the day when his legs grew long enough to reach the passenger pegs.

Well, Garrett, a.k.a. Gar Bear, a.k.a Bear finally had a growth spurt which extended his limbs long enough to comfortably, and safely, ride pillion.
198964924-M.jpg

Garrett's gear, which is actually Gunnar's old gear, was bought from http://www.cruisinclothes4kids.com/. They are very high quality clothes. His helmet is a Nolan small. I am wearing my BMW gear plus a backharness with handles bought from the local ATV dealer.

"I'm going for my first ride!"

198964404-M.jpg

Dad leaves the driveway with some very precious cargo.
198964339-M.jpg

The ride itself was relatively uneventful*........which is good. I was planning on only about 10 miles but Garrett liked it so much he kept saying "keep going! "

We ended after about a total of 60 miles and a couple of milkshakes.

*Is it me or do you become a much smoother, and more conscientious, a rider you become when you have a passenger?

Woohoo Garrett!! Great report - thanks for taking us along on a very special ride. :)

This ride report is not about riding my bike through crappy weather for two days straight to reach some exotic stretch of twisty, scenic road with hundreds of curves. Nor is this ride report about my trip to Alaska because I do not have the vacation time nor an understanding enough spouse to allow me such adventures.

You are correct: it is none of the above. Instead, it is a great ride report of a very special day in the life of Bear, one I'm sure he will remember years from now. Maybe one day someone will ask him, "Hey, how did you get into riding?" And he'll respond, "My dad took me for a really long ride one day and we had these great milkshakes. . . ."

Thanks for such a cool report and pictures to go along with. Bear's expression, peering out from beneath that helmet, is priceless.

This ride qualifies

I think this is a perfect ride report. Doesn't matter the destination, but the journey.

Ride Safe!

I think Bear needs a little honda 50cc mini bike or the like......

:thumb

Let's welcome another rider in to the fold! Great ride report! You should print and save as something to look back on one day.

I think this is a perfect ride report. Doesn't matter the destination, but the journey.

Ride Safe!

I think Bear needs a little honda 50cc mini bike or the like......

:thumb
He's already got a Yammaha PW-50 he rides around the yard. I've had that covered for a year or so now.

Yes!!

Very nice... my two boys can reach the pegs but my 5 year old daughter can not. I think I'm taking my 12 year old on a "Band of Brothers" tour to Normandy this spring. My friends thought I was nuts when I travelled with the boys from CA to MN and back a few years ago but that was one of the best trips I ever took and I've been a road warrior my whole life. Your son will remember that day the rest of his life. Anytime you have the chance to make an impact like that, it's a gift. Cheers!!!!:clap

Back