• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

motolights

In the instructions for installing motolights, they suggest that you tap the relay power lead into the tail light hotwire. Haven't I heard that tapping into this can affect the ABS system. If not there what power source do you guys (or girls) use. Thanks in advance.

You are fine tapping into the tail light. Just dont tap into the brake light, that will cause the problems with your abs, and only let your motolights come on when you hit the brakes.

You can also tap into the wire to the small parking light bulb in the headlight housing. That's on anytime the ignition is on, has nothing to do with brakes or ABS, and is probably a lot closer to where you plan to mount your relay.

James O said:
In the instructions for installing motolights, they suggest that you tap the relay power lead into the tail light hotwire. Haven't I heard that tapping into this can affect the ABS system. If not there what power source do you guys (or girls) use. Thanks in advance.

I tap into the parking light wire--this is the small bulb that comes on in your headlight when you turn your key to the parking light position, just like someone else suggested.

Back