Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56

Thread: How do I post a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg

Is there a reason a Smugmug link will work and a One Drive link will not work?
    I don't know what a One Drive link is.

The "code" I see doesn't look right to be "picked" out and posted with VB code. The small blue question mark means that the VB code "knows" something is there but doesn't "understand" how to deal with it.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Okay. Thanks. I will do a bit more digging. The linked photos offer the potential for a better quality image and I am checking out my options. Photos I upload seem less sharp and more grainy.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Okay. Thanks. I will do a bit more digging. The linked photos offer the potential for a better quality image and I am checking out my options. Photos I upload seem less sharp and more grainy.
    SmugMug is a great place to host pictures and has had a track record of being able to link into the forum. When it is an "attached" image in the forum, it goes the long way round so a hosting site seems to work best.
    Perhaps once I see a One Drive working example I could do better with it.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I have Smugmug and like it. #824 is linked from Smugmug. I also use OneDrive and hope to link from there too. I will look into it some more. I appreciate your help.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

I googled this issue (called hot-linking or inline linking) and there may be a setting you have to change on your OneDrive account...that is make it public. Right click on the image, click on Share, and then make sure it's set to Public.

Then again, OneDrive may not allow this type of thing...it may be a way of protecting copyright or a way of forcing a viewer to actually go to the OneDrive page which then offers advertising, etc. If the image is just shown on the MOA forum, it would be without all of the peripheral stuff that is on the OneDrive page.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I checked my OneDrive settings and everything looks good. Others can open the pictures with the links. I will go back to it later. For now I am experimenting with Smugmug.

Looks like X2 (double Large) is as big as you want to go (using Smugmug).

Large

Extra Large

Double Large
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

I haven't seen scroll bars in a while, can't remember if this version of VB does an auto-resize. Scroll bars are kinda a PITA.
    The SmugMug pictures look great.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

It has been a while since I have had to scroll over/through a picture. I am guessing this software must resize. I wouldn't want to post a picture that big. Scrolling kind of takes away from the picture.

Think I will try Smugmug linking for a while.

Thanks again
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

It has been a while since I have had to scroll over/through a picture. I am guessing this software must resize. I wouldn't want to post a picture that big. Scrolling kind of takes away from the picture.

Think I will try Smugmug linking for a while.

Thanks again
    Excellent! There are some "free" sharing sites like PhotoBucket and Fotki but the "commercial content" ads really take away from the viewing- IMO.
    The small charge on a "Smuggy" take the ads out.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200