• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

Thanks... Originally, it came from an email sent by a friend, so I copied the toon Only and saved it to my desktop; that didn't upload correctly. I tried dinking with that a few times and ways, still wouldn't upload correctly. This morning, I Googled the comic strip and found the toon and saved it to my desktop and compressed it. Still wouldn't upload correctly, until I manipulated it. Dunno! :dunno
Sounds like a lot of extra steps. I don’t think you need to copy the image to your computer, just the image location.
OM

One thing that was mentioned previously, is that if you have the image on your screen or say you have pulled it into some sort of image program, or maybe that image you found on the comic strip, you just have to (Windows here) right click, then click on copy image, then come back to your post on the forum and paste it into your post.

I've always put a picture on to my desktop first, so I could modify it - pics are very often in .png format and are just either too large (and is prob'ly why newbies don't understand why their phone pics won't post), or are easily shrunk anyway; sometimes I touch up the color or shading. It's also a little easier to grab (to insert into the post) from the desktop than to go navigating thru folders to find it. My PC automatically scans any download for viruses, so that's another plus. NEVER had a problem before.
I've never tried a direct "Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V" from a picture to the forum. Maybe some other time.
This may have to remain as a great mystery of the universe, unless I can make it happen again... but I hope not!

I'm not certain, but fairly sure, the new forum software will handle png as well (or better than) jpeg. If you can see the image, and can (right-click - or cmd-click for Apple) copy the image, this new forum should be able to handle you pasting the image.

I'm not certain, but fairly sure, the new forum software will handle png as well (or better than) jpeg. If you can see the image, and can (right-click - or cmd-click for Apple) copy the image, this new forum should be able to handle you pasting the image.

You are correct, that the forum can accept jpeg images. Post the transition to Xenforo, glenfiddich has been posting jpeg files here:

Just hover over an image after Jan 15 and notice it says jpeg.

That's worth a dollar!
But the issue isn't whether it's a jpg or a png.
And you can still have a smaller pic if you compress the darn thing - the file size will usually be substantially smaller; the physical pic will only look a little smaller, which is still good on these pages.

I know I've posted this before but I use a pay photo hosting site called SmugMug. I've been using it since '06 with almost 20K pics up. I find it very easy to use and having pics separated into different galleries makes it much easier to find what I'm looking for. Being able to access them from any device any time is also very nice. The best thing is that it makes it super easy to post pics on any forum or elsewhere online also from any device. It's a great service and they have membership levels up to professional for RAW images etc. For anyone interested in joining I have a $5 coupon if you want to PM me for it.

Back