• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

HI Bob, I meant to get back to this problem a while ago.
As you can see from the post above, the picture is correctly oriented. This is direct from my iPhone.
Direct from the iPhone is a bit cumbersome but, while this is the first try, it seems that when you go from iPhone to MAC to the forum, there is an odd picture rotation.
I'll have to do some more thinking on some sort of workaround or cure.
This seemed to start with the latest MAC O/S upgrade as it wasn't a problem before that.
Gary

How do I post a picture?

test photos - google killing picasa and making things harder for me

8-71eVw-VetRa5PMKiR3mBuChjwKgnPLnwlM1T36tmmLbtuOc0fnOCI6_qKjDEFYFuvY55Ii1h0smD0gzbvPr2NV8Alj8EWLMU1fP-OUa6hopH1_mSaHzYPGkrSazOO6YgXJzB7Usf-7ZDntJteT5lyWavjPWp3QFHkvELu3zyR6cr3twIYnlspR-gV9xcURkWaq1dPjyBP2Q_4YwpyNmejma7T2yjrEbPBcU2PdRRdGEIuxn0mz2gTo00vhqJxuBeyo7wboIcAxQY8w9SYgqHa86L06dB_huJt8vQW9_OAAemymGrKQCWsP1ueQjhD-Dol2qkCkAEfGv2wm9Qxfn2PpmVdW41HI2IhQ6QlDdJtZResJUOHhokD58asEFQXRi0cqFWistqic58iByT454wDJ5T5Kz62P6ZKV_z3kxK1LX89kO_--cen1uO1VOaSRdRTln11_rhFvw8-j5VU8k8rPZ4qlZKbSZ55jXHXPM5OmHdhRebQCDpTiIbSyk2zCJYpFv1L0Q2DSg9aRm0nwuYnZXRrI9Pexh2o1d2ypHH3gvpbv3hNhAiIEwOd5ZduaoFwb8fQRRQG8TO_qIIGccmYJdOKZzO8=w820-h615-no

https...
lh3.googleusercontent.com/8-71eVw-VetRa5PMKiR3mBuChjwKgnPLnwlM1T36tmmLbtuOc0fnOCI6_qKjDEFYFuvY55Ii1h0smD0gzbvPr2NV8Alj8EWLMU1fP-OUa6hopH1_mSaHzYPGkrSazOO6YgXJzB7Usf-7ZDntJteT5lyWavjPWp3QFHkvELu3zyR6cr3twIYnlspR-gV9xcURkWaq1dPjyBP2Q_4YwpyNmejma7T2yjrEbPBcU2PdRRdGEIuxn0mz2gTo00vhqJxuBeyo7wboIcAxQY8w9SYgqHa86L06dB_huJt8vQW9_OAAemymGrKQCWsP1ueQjhD-Dol2qkCkAEfGv2wm9Qxfn2PpmVdW41HI2IhQ6QlDdJtZResJUOHhokD58asEFQXRi0cqFWistqic58iByT454wDJ5T5Kz62P6ZKV_z3kxK1LX89kO_--cen1uO1VOaSRdRTln11_rhFvw8-j5VU8k8rPZ4qlZKbSZ55jXHXPM5OmHdhRebQCDpTiIbSyk2zCJYpFv1L0Q2DSg9aRm0nwuYnZXRrI9Pexh2o1d2ypHH3gvpbv3hNhAiIEwOd5ZduaoFwb8fQRRQG8TO_qIIGccmYJdOKZzO8=w820-h615-no

A bit more cumbersome, but it sort of worked with a stupid long link and adding ?.jpg to the end of it.

https://sites.google.com/site/picas...1/how-to/how-to-get-a-direct-link-to-an-image

Using Pixite Web Albums to access Google and posting through tapatalk on my iphone things haven't change a bit... yet.

Using pixite web albums:

IMG_2941.JPG

http...
lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fffTmyXD550/V6yTciSb1vI/AAAAAAAAGpA/aLTOWRvCviwSPL6dvHX9qpr5rmbI2_3qACHM/s1024-no/IMG_2941.JPG
--------------------
Bbcode from smugmug

oEmbed from smugmug

https://rxcrider.smugmug.com/1995-R1100RSL/i-DRbMRFj

[media]https://rxcrider.smugmug.com/1995-R1100RSL/i-DRbMRFj[/media]

i-DRbMRFj

Last edited:
...oEmbed from smugmug...

After Smug Mug's recent re tooling, I had a tough time pasting images from my Galleries to here, and other sites, but I've finally figured out a way to do it.

The problem was that once I had picked the image size, the control + c function wouldn't save it. What I do now is just left click on the text that appears in the middle of the instruction box, and right click on "copy". Then I move in here, click on the image icon, and paste the image in.

Ever time a particular site re jigs its system, there's trouble for non tech savvy folks like me. I struggled with the new system on ADVrider for quite a while too.

IMG_1367.jpg

Posted direct from my iphone 6.
Any fix for orientation problem?

Next: edited on iphone by giving it minimal rotation (2 degrees).
IMG_1367.jpg

Current iphone picture editor won't allow me to save a pic rotated 360 degrees in one editing session.

Just for fun the following pic was edited on my iphone four different times, saving rotated pic each time.
IMG_1357.jpg

Conclusion: minimal rotation is easiest and not noticeable IMHO.

Last edited:
How do you start a thread? Pearl 75

Pearl 75 years today. Thanx to vets. Don't see where to click to give its own thread? Ceremony on CSPAN now.

Last edited:
Here's one not rotated but edited and saved with "chrome" enhancement.
IMG_1344.jpg

So...it's tempting to conclude that any saved edit will cure the orientation problem.

And here's the same photo after re-editing using the "revert" option (back to original).
IMG_1344.jpg

Pearl 75 years today. Thanx to vets. Don't see where to click to give its own thread? Ceremony on CSPAN now.

You need to go to a specific part of the forum such as Campfire. In the upper left will be the button for "new thread".
On this page or others, you are already in a thread so it says "reply".
ON

When ever I try...I get attachment or attach image, go to my photo file , select the one I want to post....but then there is no send / attach, etc. Where it says 'file name' I type in the correct number...then it says that it does not exist ?.....frustrating as hell.

I never have a problem sending them from email to friends email....but posting to this & other sites ? impossible.......:banghead

Ron and Kurt,

After I select the image and upload, I have to hit the "Insert Inline" button to make it appear in the post.

Hope this helps.

Ron -

I've had great success using the approach I show starting with #12 in this thread:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?72733-How-to-post-on-the-MOA-Forum

I browse (1) for the image on my computer, then click upload (2). Once the image shows, as in the example "browse.jgp", I click to close the window (3). Then I submit my post in the usual way.

How are you uploading a picture?

That is the problem...I see no 'upload' or send. When I I try to use 'attach' image or file...it ask for a name / file number...when I type that in...it says file does not exist ?

That is the problem...I see no 'upload' or send. When I I try to use 'attach' image or file...it ask for a name / file number...when I type that in...it says file does not exist ?

Should be choose file then upload then done. I've never typed in a file number. Tough to tell what you are doing really- from here.
OM

Are you using the method I mentioned? Does your screen look anything like #13 in the linked thread? As Gary says, no where am I asked to type in a name of the file.

I experimented this morning and see another way that might be easier. It uses the picture icon on the tool bar. Once you select that, you get a box that lets you browse for the picture you want, then you click on upload. You have to do one picture at a time. See the pictures below.

PictureIcon.jpg
BrowseUploadSteps.jpg

Are you using the method I mentioned? Does your screen look anything like #13 in the linked thread? As Gary says, no where am I asked to type in a name of the file.

I experimented this morning and see another way that might be easier. It uses the picture icon on the tool bar. Once you select that, you get a box that lets you browse for the picture you want, then you click on upload. You have to do one picture at a time. See the pictures below.

View attachment 59404
View attachment 59405

does it matter that I am using windows 10 ? I just tried again , got to the second screen you displayed , clicked chosen files ....then nothing ?

does it matter that I am using windows 10 ? I just tried again , got to the second screen you displayed , clicked chosen files ....then nothing ?

sorry...I meant upload files...then nothing ?....Browse is the choice I seem to be missing ?

Last edited:
Back