• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

What is the error

What are the symptoms? Does the image not show up, just shows up as a
nope.gif
?

All that shows up is the message, and there isn't even a hint that I tried to attach something. I am going to try to attach my avatar as an attachment to this message, and you will see what I mean. It just won't be there.

I am using windows. I just tried attaching my avatar like I said and nothing.... I do the browse thing, find my avatar that is saved, and pick it, it shows up in the attach file space, and then I "submit reply", but when taken back to post, it just isn't there. Thanks for the assistance, and whatever you come up with.

WHAT THE HAY!

Something changed since yesterday. I'm just glad it's back to working, it looks like BB was having trouble too. Hmmmmm.

Multiple pics

How do I insert multiple pics, and text, like the big guys do with trip reports (to wit: Nye's Daytona report)?

Re: Multiple pics

Jim Shaw said:
How do I insert multiple pics, and text, like the big guys do with trip reports (to wit: Nye's Daytona report)?

You'll need a place on the web to host your pictures. A bunch of us are using smugmug.com ($20 a year, unlimited albums) to host the photos. When you're putting your message together, you click the IMG button and past a link to the picture in the box. I think there's a thread in the How Do I... forum that talks about how to do that.

It's definitely easier to do than attaching photos. If you take a lot of digipics like I do, the hosting is a huge bargain.

I see others have had troubles?

This is my last test for the night. I have the recommended program, pic is resized properly, but only the text coming on board? If not tonight..tomorrow

Good morning - will try again!!

I seem to be having the same trouble Rich had? Windows in use, resized with suggested program, I don't preview....appears to be taking pic when I push "submit"...slowly takes the thread:
-yet, my thank you for submitting comes through, with no pic!...just text.
-so here goes another try...if a pic does not appear, I will await further thought from more qualified folks. THANKS SO MUCH

Just checking to see if it works right now

and if it does, it should work for you.

Attachments

• raminator1.jpg
    raminator1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 665
Folks are so helpful! - Will try again, now

Grateful for all the help..I have made one modest change, not sure it will affect the outcome:
-using windows 98, Irfanview, reducing to 3oo width, 72 DPI
-after the text, I add the picture under "attached file", I DO NOT PREVIEW,
-as I submit , it appears to be taking the "whole effort", but as above, only the text comes thru
-yes, in early takes...pic was rejected outright becasue it was too large (that does not happen anymore since downsizing)..I get a Thank you for submitting the thread.

Here goes! If it does not take - will check back this evening.
Thanks. Ray

Attachments

• redmond89.bmp
    47.3 KB · Views: 589
Re: Folks are so helpful! - Will try again, now

GREAT HAUL II said:
Grateful for all the help..I have made one modest change, not sure it will affect the outcome:
-using windows 98, Irfanview, reducing to 3oo width, 72 DPI
-after the text, I add the picture under "attached file", I DO NOT PREVIEW,
-as I submit , it appears to be taking the "whole effort", but as above, only the text comes thru
-yes, in early takes...pic was rejected outright becasue it was too large (that does not happen anymore since downsizing)..I get a Thank you for submitting the thread.

Here goes! If it does not take - will check back this evening.
Thanks. Ray

Try saving them as .jpg files and see if that helps. .bmp isn't usually viewable in a browser, I believe.

Re: Re: Folks are so helpful! - Will try again, now

KBasa said:
Try saving them as .jpg files and see if that helps. .bmp isn't usually viewable in a browser, I believe.

Not only are bitmap (.bmp) files not viewable in browsers, they are MUCH larger than images saved as jpegs.

Back