• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

post a picture

Vince:

Sign that guy up!

Is that a Kwaaker behind the S?

Rinty

Last edited:
just trying to see if i can post a pic right

taken in the green mountains of vermont during the 06 ralley at essex junction

Attachments

• Vacation 2006 102.bmp
    138.1 KB · Views: 132
Just trying to practice this so I remember how it is done. This is what my co-workers did to my Suzuki Bandit, the bike I had before the RT, while I was at work one day. Fun bunch, huh.

126180168-L.jpg

Spudpuppy:

Is that checkerboard trim a factory option?

Rinty

Rinty,

No, I used some scraps of silver vinyl, a 1 inch ruler and an exacto knife to create my own graphics, then applied them. Just like to be a little different.

Spudpuppy

post a picture

It looks good. There is a lot of body work on an RT, and the strip breaks it up nicely, without interfering with the angles of the feature lines.

Rinty

Last edited:
pic size is too big

I have downloaded irfanview and gone through the instructions to change pixel and dpi size but my photo is too large (197kb). How do I reduce the phote size under the 160kb limit to put on the forum?

I have downloaded irfanview and gone through the instructions to change pixel and dpi size but my photo is too large (197kb). How do I reduce the phote size under the 160kb limit to put on the forum?

Usually, you will get where you need to be for posting photo size by reducing the photo to no more than 600x800 or 800x600 pixels (depending on if it's a portrait or landscape orientation). That makes for a fairly large photo for the forum, but doable. In a .jpg format it should be under 100kb. Even smaller sizes are easier for people to view who have their monitors set to 1024x768 resolution (lots of laptops) or smaller. Try posting some different sizes here.

:type Wait, wait, a minute, you are making this too complicated.
Every scanner has a dotted scan adjustment feature reflected in the "Preview" screen seen on your computer. Use your "mouse" to drag the edges of this dotted image crop tool over your picture. Don't let the scanner just choose to scan "default". You have to help the scanner decide what size of a job it is asked to do.

So, you have selected correctly, then choose the type of file you want the scanner to save your image in and where,on your comptuer, the image will be found after you save it. Do not scan it to the internet from you scanner.

As indicated, don't expect the scanner to save the image in a particular size of photo unless you have entered that value in the scanners "preference" file, or setup file.

When you tell your scanner to save your scan, it will have a drop down menu to choose from and it will also have a drop down menu to choose an application to send the image to, like Adobe Photoshop or this other image enhancing program being promoted in these posts.

What is improtant is that an image scanned to a file MUST then be opened in an image enhancing program that can manipulate the image so that it is internet ready, ie. match the upload preferences desired to see the image and conserve space on the host drive.

I hope this posting is helpful?
P

My Bride and Me - K12LTI

Just a "flick" to note the pride and the ride.

prescanned and reduced by Photoshope for internet posting.:usa

Attachments

• Mounted and Ready email.jpg
    Mounted and Ready email.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 113
Capture from Web based photo programs

Has anyone figured out how to do this with Snapfish? The family already puts pictures there. Then I do not have to have more than one host sit.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes. Go to the internet site, using your "mouse", highlight or point to the photo you want to capture, and "right" click your mouse button, assuming you have a "mouse" with two tabs and a roller wheel between them. ( if you are using a laptop, then it is the the right tab below the scroller pad that is used instead of a "mouse".
A window pops up that will show you what file format it is copied in and then you pick the location on your computer. The photos are just the right size for posting on the internet. Some will be better resolution than others. I'm assuming this web based program is similar to others that family members have used, there are many.
P

On flikr but....

I've created some sets of photos on flikr but can't figure out how to get them from there to here.

Can someone help this luddite?:dunno

It'll be appreciated.

Back