• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

Posting more than 1 picture

I see that some have posted more than one pix to a single post. I down loaded Irfan and it works fine except that I when I try to post a second pix, it prompts me to delete the first. I have been attaching pix using the file attachment utility. The image attachment icon bings up some kind of a script propmt for text to be formatted and I can't seem to figure out how to use that.

Thanks,

Dean

OK, OK! I just answered my own question by reading a few other posts....duhhhh! :doh

Last edited:
maybe this time

Attachments

• nice bkes (2).JPG
    nice bkes (2).JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 183
testing 1....2....3

trying the attachment posting advice

Attachments

• IM000331_small.JPG
    IM000331_small.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 172
It sure is!! Escanaba... sans the Penske truck! I wondered how long it would take for someone to recognize him.

Let's see if this works.

Attachments

• tish tang - trinity river.bmp
    22.6 KB · Views: 174
the last one was so tiny, I thought I could try again.
This is above Ashland, day trip to Hyatt lake.

Attachments

• pic 2 bmw.bmp
    62.3 KB · Views: 174
Ok. The last 2 pics I uploaded came out so small. I admit to being a computer idiot, but it seems that I should be able to do this with a bigger picture. Clearly other people have. We shall see how this one turns out.
It's me sliding in the snow on a hike earlier this month. Maybe someone could help me figure this out. :dunno

Attachments

• pic 4 trial.bmp
    98 KB · Views: 172
Rich,
No, R1000S - (the bike). I will see if I can work this thing out and present a picture where it's easy to identify the bike. I'm new to this picture thing. With the size that my pictures came out, it's really hard to tell that it's even a motorcycle. :doh

Still small. The computer continues to tell me that my "file" is too big, but does not inform me as to how to make my "file" smaller. It appears size of the picture has an affect, but a smaller picture doesn't always indicate a smaller and therefore more acceptable file. I'm lost, I'm going to bed. :snore

Attachments

• Pic 7trial.jpg
    Pic 7trial.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 166
Honu said:
Still small. The computer continues to tell me that my "file" is too big, but does not inform me as to how to make my "file" smaller. It appears size of the picture has an affect, but a smaller picture doesn't always indicate a smaller and therefore more acceptable file. I'm lost, I'm going to bed. :snore

Try this: If you have an option to change the resolution of the file, change it to 75dpi. That'll be fine for the web, but will still allow you to post a file that has dimensions of 400 x 400 or so. I'm gonna guess that you're resizing, but not changing the resolution.

Both measurements have an effect on how big the file is. As you raise each number, you raise the 'density' of the file and how big the file is.

I THINK the ?img] ....jpg ?/img] Function will work too if you have the pictures uploaded.. Replace the '?' with '['

f31d90e7.jpg

I upload my pictures to sony imagestation.. imagestation.com. It's free to upload pitures, and can share, and link to them online

itsbob said:
I THINK the ?img] ....jpg ?/img] Function will work too if you have the pictures uploaded.. Replace the '?' with '['

f31d90e7.jpg

Exactly. That's how folks insert multiple pictures into one post.

Also, be aware that the MOA provides a discount at Smugmug which provides some features that most of the free services don't. Unlimited albums and photos hosted, security to keep some albums away from prying eyes, sharing with specific groups of people and 2GB of transfer per month for $25/year. Additionally, some portion of your membership is returned to the MOA by Smugmug. We're using those funds to help underwrite this site.

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't seem to go up to 400 width with 72 dpi, it won't let me upload it. It continues to inform me that my file is too big. I guess I will have to check into smugmug and see if there is a better way to do it. This is very educational for me. I will keep trying.

p.s. This tiny picture is of a backpacking trip through paria river canyon. I'm one of the specks in the middle.

Attachments

• paria river tiny family.bmp
    137.4 KB · Views: 151
Honu said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I can't seem to go up to 400 width with 72 dpi, it won't let me upload it. It continues to inform me that my file is too big. I guess I will have to check into smugmug and see if there is a better way to do it. This is very educational for me. I will keep trying.

p.s. This tiny picture is of a backpacking trip through paria river canyon. I'm one of the specks in the middle.

OK. If you're going to look to smugmug, don't forget to indicate that you're an MOA member so you get the discount.

I think you'll dig smugmug. It looks like you have some awesome photos!

dave

Back