• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

misery loves company

HI Rinty and to all the others before us and after,

You know, as I was muddling through the numerous posts on the "How do I post a Picture " thread I found those that got it right away and those that didn't ( you and I :dunno ) but your "stick to it-ness" kept me going until I got it. So, to answer your questions on some of the pix in my tests. The R coming down the snowfield is taken in the French Alps. You can see this was part of a recent Tour de France route as bikers names are stilll visible painted on the road. The guy on the red RT in the big snowfield is me near the Val d'Isere. Campsite is Bavarian alps, headlight on the wet road in the woods is also Bavaria, rock Canyon is also in France. I'm working up my courage to post a ride report......

post a picture

...your stick-to-it-ness kept me going

Thank you; I've been putting it off for two years. For some reason, I get really upset when I hit IT snags. :dunno

Ah, Val d' Isere, home of my childhood hero, Jean - Claude Killy.

I'm working up my courage to do a road ride report.....

I'm thinking about some short ones in the near future. The multiple picture posting is not hard with Smug Mug, and then you can stick your text in between.
I just keep the curser well away from the precious HTML text. :laugh

My other project is some pretty good prints that I have scanned and parked in Photoshop Elements. But my Elements for Dummies book got lost in the paper vortex of my wife's home medical office and I've forgotton how to massage them. So my teen age consultant is coming over this evening to refresh my technique, and missing Monday Night Football and the Flames vs. Colorado game is a small price to pay.:)

Rinty

Southern Comfort from the other side

Check out your Southern Comfort bottle and you will see a drawing of a house. This is THAT house from a different angle.

Attachments

• Southern Comfort.jpg
    Southern Comfort.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 137
Dave your demo photo at the start of this thread...I think that is Nicasio just past the school but before the service yard. Is that right?

?

223097549-M.jpg

Trial Post

First time for everything.
If you can see this it should be fitting for the season.
I had to keep resizing it down to 250 x 187 to get this under the 156kb.
Here goes..
Any comments welcome

Chris

Attachments

• TurkeysOnProwl2007.bmp
    137.4 KB · Views: 109
post a picture

Thanks Dave. I do have more family shots but will try to restrain myself from putting them up. It was actually you who inspired me to learn how to post pictures; I had been procrastinating for about two years. I figured that if an Airbus driver could learn it, surely a Mooney guy should be up to the task. :laugh

I had you in mind yesterday, as I was on a 330 on the Frankfurt to Calgary run (my step mother in Holland just passed away). There were serious headwinds, so the captain took us way up north on a run he said he hadn't been on for some time. Amazingly, we made up a 45 minute late pushback and arrived exactly as originally scheduled.

That Frankfurt airport though, is the most confusing one I have ever seen.

Rinty

Hi Rinty! Sorry to 'hear' the reason of your trip!!

I remember well, the Jet Stream that week! I personaly saw as much as 167 kts from the west, crossing it N to S.(with the associative turbulence)!!

The reasons for going way north, above the Atlantic Track System, can be complex, with regards to ETOPS requirements etc. With the Jet Stream as strong as it was, I'm sure flying North of it was the best alternative in regards to fuel burn and time issues.

I didn't mean to ask for more family shots, as that is very personal, I was hoping you might have a few shots of the roads through the 'Rocks' and surrounding areas. I have a feeling you have some! :)

Cheers,
Dave

how do i get the file in the url screen?

ive downloaded the software, and trying to get the description into the line. Sorry, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed

post a picture

I have a feeling you have some....Groundeffect

I do have a bunch of rock shots and will try to get some up in the next few weeks. Thanks for your interest and have a great holiday.

Rinty

Try again

I'm going to try this again.

Attachments

• DSC00841[1].JPG
    DSC00841[1].JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 99
Success!

Maybe my computer at work had somethng blocking uploading a picture?

:wave Help.. I can post a single photo, but so far no luck with more than. any tips or sugestions will be greatly appricated. :scratch

tough to offer advice without knowing what method you're trying.
I remain a huge fan of Flock/Photobucket- mulitple pics, any size I want, as easy as copy & paste, and the upload to Flock is as simple as can be (instructions a page or two earlier).
some of Roger's bikes (of Motospezial) taken at the Spokane National
turboK75.jpg

2 friends & I went on a ride at the Charleston WV National.
jimpauljoebikes.jpg

Achtung d11rs94

:wave Help.. I can post a single photo, but so far no luck with more than. any tips or sugestions will be greatly appricated. :scratch

Ok, the three posts that I read over and over:banghead were #34 by Kbasa, #83 by Bradfordbenn and #92 by Bradfordbenn. These guys can help if they know what is going wrong. I know that when you click on the "attachment" icon, you need to delete the inside of the box before you paste the location of your smugmug pic. You can do it!!!!

Try again from work...

It is telling me the pictures exceed the size limit set by the forum. My avatar is small.

Attachments

4.2 KB · Views: 84
Back