• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

Testing posting a picture

i-hJFwFcn-M.jpg

redir

Is there a reason a Smugmug link will work and a One Drive link will not work?

Last edited:
Okay. Thanks. I will do a bit more digging. The linked photos offer the potential for a better quality image and I am checking out my options. Photos I upload seem less sharp and more grainy.

Okay. Thanks. I will do a bit more digging. The linked photos offer the potential for a better quality image and I am checking out my options. Photos I upload seem less sharp and more grainy.
:thumb SmugMug is a great place to host pictures and has had a track record of being able to link into the forum. When it is an "attached" image in the forum, it goes the long way round so a hosting site seems to work best.
Perhaps once I see a One Drive working example I could do better with it.
OM

I have Smugmug and like it. #824 is linked from Smugmug. I also use OneDrive and hope to link from there too. I will look into it some more. I appreciate your help.

I googled this issue (called hot-linking or inline linking) and there may be a setting you have to change on your OneDrive account...that is make it public. Right click on the image, click on Share, and then make sure it's set to Public.

Then again, OneDrive may not allow this type of thing...it may be a way of protecting copyright or a way of forcing a viewer to actually go to the OneDrive page which then offers advertising, etc. If the image is just shown on the MOA forum, it would be without all of the peripheral stuff that is on the OneDrive page.

I checked my OneDrive settings and everything looks good. Others can open the pictures with the links. I will go back to it later. For now I am experimenting with Smugmug.

Looks like X2 (double Large) is as big as you want to go (using Smugmug).

20150119_110931-L.jpg

Large

20150119_110931-XL.jpg

Extra Large

20150119_110931-X2.jpg

Double Large

:thumb I haven't seen scroll bars in a while, can't remember if this version of VB does an auto-resize. Scroll bars are kinda a PITA.
The SmugMug pictures look great.
OM

It has been a while since I have had to scroll over/through a picture. I am guessing this software must resize. I wouldn't want to post a picture that big. Scrolling kind of takes away from the picture.

Think I will try Smugmug linking for a while.

Thanks again

It has been a while since I have had to scroll over/through a picture. I am guessing this software must resize. I wouldn't want to post a picture that big. Scrolling kind of takes away from the picture.

Think I will try Smugmug linking for a while.

Thanks again
Excellent! There are some "free" sharing sites like PhotoBucket and Fotki but the "commercial content" ads really take away from the viewing- IMO.
The small charge on a "Smuggy" take the ads out.
OM

Back