• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

Harry -

For pictures that you upload to the MOA servers, I think some sizing does take place...up to a point. If the picture is too big, I believe that the upload might fail. I'm not sure how the link to other on-line picture hosting site works. Sure, using the img tags does the job. IIRC the other sites have "tools" that let you create such a link that you cut-n-paste into the MOA forum. It's possible that these "tools" might reduce the size somewhere in the process. The size of the picture that you have linked in 1024x768. Is that the size of the original picture on your photobucket account?

The size of the picture that you have linked in 1024x768. Is that the size of the original picture on your photobucket account?

Yes, I just checked it with Irfanview. I do remember adjusting the size of the photographs that my camera takes down to that size.

Harry

To clarify:

In photobucket, when I looked at the photo, it says:
"1,024px ? 768px (scaled to 620px ? 465px)."

The size of the photo when uploaded to photobucket was 1,024X768.

Harry

Yes, I just checked it with Irfanview. I do remember adjusting the size of the photographs that my camera takes down to that size.

Harry

I had to set my phone camera settings yesterday. Had to take it down to almost smallest setting to use over here.

I had to set my phone camera settings yesterday. Had to take it down to almost smallest setting to use over here.

I tend to keep my camera settings toward the high side and figure I'll make adjustments afterwards. Otherwise, with the lower settings, you've got what you got and can't zoom in as well, get high quality prints, etc...can't get those pixels back!!

Classic Bavarian Bagger

Motorcycle R90 006.jpgPictures of my Classic Bavarian Bagger project.

Attachments

• Motorcycle R90 005.jpg
    Motorcycle R90 005.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 224
BERNII, if you can email a photo to a friend then you can easily post them here yourself.

Just go the the "Manage Attachment" button located below the blue line under this text frame in the "Additional Options" area ...

When the pop-up screen opens click on the "Add Files" button (1) in the upper right hand corner...

the "Upload Files from your Computer" window (2) will open...

click on the "Browse" button (3) ...

View attachment 43961

the usual Windows "File Upload" window will open... the same window that opens when you want to send a photo using your email.

Open the Folder that your picture is in ... select it, and click on "Open"

View attachment 43962

the "Upload Files from your Computer" window will re-open... at that point click on the "Upload" button (4) ...

Give it a few seconds to transfer the data... it may take a while, depending on the size of the image.

When it is ready you will see the file name at the bottom of the screen in the "Attachments" window ... click on the little box (if it isn't already checked) to indicate that you want to post the file (5) ...

Click on "Done" (6) ... and, you're done.

To check if the image posted, click on the "Preview" button to the right of the "Submit" button.

Attachments

• How to post image.jpg
    How to post image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 217
  • File upload.jpg
    File upload.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 216
pic won't upload

I've done this before so I know it works.

Currently when I try to upload pics (jpegs) using Manage Attachments and I click on Upload the circle of dots appears to indicate it's busy but nothing uploads. I even left it and had dinner and the busy circle was still turning when I checked later. None of my pics are over 130kb.

I'm accessing Manage Attachments after I click on Reply to Thread.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers, Jim

Jim -

It is a bit of a cumbersome interface. Sometimes I don't even get the indication that anything is happening. I wait on it and eventually it pops in. The size is not necessarily the defining criteria. For JPGs, it's also the height and width in pixels. Do you have any idea what the dimensions of the images are? The Windows Paint program has the ability to resize images if you want to give that a try.

I used paint to reduce all the pics I want to upload. The largest is 123kb, 384x288 pixels.

The file I tried to upload last night is 77.4kb, 370x519 pixels. I left it for about an hour while I had dinner and it didn't upload so I gave up and closed the window.

Is Manage Attachments only accessible thru Reply to Thread?

Thanks (back shortly, time for dog walk)

Jim -

No, it's part of posting anything, either an initial post or as a reply.

Based upon your numbers, I'm scratching my head as to why those pictures won't upload. Check your PMs. Let's swap emails so you can send me a couple of your pictures so I can give it a try.

I used paint to reduce all the pics I want to upload. The largest is 123kb, 384x288 pixels.

The file I tried to upload last night is 77.4kb, 370x519 pixels. I left it for about an hour while I had dinner and it didn't upload so I gave up and closed the window.

Thanks (back shortly, time for dog walk)
Jim, I would try doing the picture upload using the "paperclip" in the posting tool-bar- skipping the "manage attachments" route. Have you up-loadeded a pile of attachments in the past? I'm not sure how many/much attachments are allowed in this version of VB, if I get a minute (hour) I may be able to find it in the back room :D
The old version had a limit. Another point, again depending how you are actually trying this, is in the uploader/re-user-
Enhanced Attachment Uploading on
Enhanced Attachment Uploading off
The forum features an enhanced attachment uploading system that allows you to reuse existing attachments via a drag and drop interface.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use the enhanced system. If you experience problems with the interface, try disabling this option.
This change is accessed through the User CP.
Gary

Back