• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where can I find maintanace video...

Gil

I heard some time ago that there was a maintanace video for many of the Bmer bikes including the older k75 and k100 bikes.
Where and who could have one for sale? If I can get my hands on one, the first thing I would do is convert it to a Mpeg or AVI format as a general resource and watch the darn thing 24 hours a day for a week.
Looking for some direction here. ( I am almost begging!):dunno

Last edited:
Hi, Gil,
Keep checking e-bay. As I remember, many years ago a dealer (in Vermont, I think) made a video fot K75/100 maintenance. I don't remember what the selling price was. I often see "K75/100 maintenance videos" listed on e-bay. They usually sell for about $20. I understand they are quite poor now, being copies of copies of copies, etc.

YES. I am currently stocking an item at e-bay from a "Purpleride" seller. I would gladly pay any ammount (hopefuly under $50) to get my hands on this video. I contacted the seller and he was very gracious to answer my questions, specially the one about my "three headed dragon" task...the spline lube. He told me, and I quote "The service video does not cover spline lubrication but I do include a nice document about the importance of lubing and servicing the shaft splines". and also added "It describes how to inspect and repair the splines and general maintenance for the final drive. The clutch input splines are more difficult to access and require a clutch alignment tool when servicing. However, the most important part of the spline lubrication is the shaft and you will learn how to easily do this".

For this reason, this item would be a vital part of my garage inventory. I cannot begin to tell you all, how much I LOVE my K75. I long for the day I will take the bike out for longer, more reliable trips. All this is at the center of me performing all of the needed and mandatory maintanance. I have three kids, a wife and many life challenges. I need to keep both my bikes with service provided at home. Not at the dealer for $80 and hour or so. Just two hours of service and a moderate part purchase would make the bill over $300. You know what my wife would say...better yet, think what she would do...(not pretty)

One more thing, I love this place. This is my safe home for my bike needs.

Gil

It has been converted to DVD and is available here:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/flea/detail.php?siteid=5719&catid=2

I lost the bid at E-Bay for this VHS tape. I was so bumbed...and then, this mnessage comes along!
This last post made my day! I already sent a message and I am on stand-by ready to send the cash. I would insist on sending a money order and a self stamped envelope to ensure I make it as easy as possible to this seller who is obviously providing a great service to the fellow late K bike owners.
Looking forward to ths purchase. :bikes :clap

Update.
I am officialy nominating crgrbrts as member of the year. Not only did he sent the DVD even before I sent the money, he has provided additional support and as luck would have it, crgrbrts is a serious photographer. Old school to that!
I advice everybody here who has not met him, to reach out to crgrbrts and find out what a neat guy he is. I am so much looking forward to this DVD.
Step aside...Garage week-end warrior in the making!
Thanks crgrbrts!

Back