• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rode a Rockster today

Me! Me!

I bought mine after a 500+ mile, weekend long "test ride." I fell in love with the bike, but REALLY did not care at all for the two standard color options. (I knew that in a couple years, I'd HATE whichever I owned). Then I was shown a lovely black and white model sitting in the showroom...

Limited Edition #196. I've put 31,000 miles on "Gryndl" in just over two years. I've added hyperlites, fog lights, as well as a horn upgrade. Last summer, I took my daughter as pillion to Athens, GA for the AMA Women in Motorcycling Conference. Am about to ride a long distance rally this weekend, in VA.

P

hey kbasa,

you might remember me from ADVriders...my tag there is "agypsy" (i started the "oil, hex, airheads" and "new yorker coming to SF" thread).

AAMOF, i just picked up an '04 rockster (green) this week from my brother in vegas and rode it home to SF. I am LOVING IT!

the rockster is like a touring bike with an attitude. this is my 3rd boxer and i couldn't be more happy. i just moved to SF this month from NYC and i was going to ship my BCR here but i just sold my GS about 4 days before i left for SF. i didn't expect to sell it so quickly but it was perfect timing 'cause i just turned that money over to my brother and now i've got my carver for the bay area! and she's only got 5400mi on the clock!

see you at the Bovine Bakery. look for a green Rockster with the tank blacked out...:wave

I am riding my second Rockster. I bought one of the copper colored ones (but I really wanted the Sapphire Black/White SE) in late '03 and rode it for a little over a year. Then my dealer was dealing on their last SE. They gave me a decent trade and BMW gave me .9% (as in less than 1%) financing and ate the first five payments. How could I refuse.
So I took delivery of the Snow Queen on December 18th of 2004.
28k+ later and I still say to myself "I love this bike." at least once a week on our daily commute. The bike was made for me. Love the ergos, styling, etc. It has enough power for me to stay happy. Just added the Beemer luggage (found the bags here in the flea market - thanks Dom!).
Heated grips rock. The partially linked brakes are perfect for me.
Did I mention I love this bike??

If anyone is interested, our "ultra-Italian" dealer (Duc, MV, Aprillia, Benelli, MotoG, oh, and Triumph) here in Las Vegas has a pretty nice Rockster on the floor. (Unless it was HydraNYC's brother's, on consignment) I haven't dared take a close look at it for fear they're asking like $5k for it or something. But from what I've seen it does look nice.

No strings, just passing along the info. The dealer's name is Pat Clark Motorsports.

If anyone is interested, our "ultra-Italian" dealer (Duc, MV, Aprillia, Benelli, MotoG, oh, and Triumph) here in Las Vegas has a pretty nice Rockster on the floor. (Unless it was HydraNYC's brother's, on consignment) I haven't dared take a close look at it for fear they're asking like $5k for it or something. But from what I've seen it does look nice.

No strings, just passing along the info. The dealer's name is Pat Clark Motorsports.
my bro got his rockster from LV BMW.
$5K...someone should snatch that up!

Kbasa says..."Anybody here with a Rockster these days?"

Yup! I have an 04 that I picked up at the beginning of the summer.....Love it!

IMG_0796-vi.jpg

IMG_0702-vi.jpg

IMG_0800-vi.jpg

Kbasa says..."Anybody here with a Rockster these days?"

Yup! I have an 04 that I picked up at the beginning of the summer.....Love it!

IMG_0702-vi.jpg
hey Royb, did you buy your rock with the straight pipe installed or did you do that yourself?
and is that a home made pipe or an aftermarket?

Been kicking myself for selling my roadster. It was my first BMW. Great bike.

Not a rockster, but close enough for me. Awesome machines.

Roy - that looks really nice. I went to your blog to learn more. So, you say the bike is not all that much louder without the big ole exhaust? Dang, that is cool. With your mod, could the original be put back on if you wanted to?
Any increase in performance?

yes, look cool!
tell us more about the performance.
did you chip it or install a power commander?

i have a full remus system and power commander and very happy with the results. smooth power through every gear and rpm range. but i've been thinking about the SJBMW intake system and possibly the high compression piston's they have that bumps the compression to 12:1.

any thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes, easily reversible.....

Test it yourself, simply remove your muffler and start the bike. It just isn't much louder, but a little more throaty.................Sounds great...

Back