• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This thread is going to be stale and unimaginative, don't look.

ÔÇ£Once you can accept the Universe as matter expanding into 'nothing that is something', wearing stripes with plaid comes easyÔÇØ - Albert Einstein

Just a thought:dunno

Jay
Any quote from Al Einstein is something, therefore, off topic.:laugh

Sorry, and for playing and we'll send a home copy of the nothing thread, suitable for framing (somebody).

Yeah, stripes and plaid are something, so what we need is more nudity around here. That would be nothing. :thumb

There is nothing to keep me from riding today. Wow! There is NOTHING to keep me from riding today! Bye!:wave

We just talked to a financial adviser. He is going to make up a report, and we will find out if it is something, or nothing.
I want to retire.

_xy-1388247_1

:brow

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful city, as long as you are not trying to get around in a wheelchair. I saw 1 other person in one the 2 days I was there. THe people had an odd habit of letting doors slam in our faces, and running in front of us to cut us off and get to the door first. Even at the Hospital.:dunno

... people had an odd habit of letting doors slam in our faces, and running in front of us to cut us off and get to the door first. Even at the Hospital.:dunno

Roy, were you racing other people in their wheelchairs again? :scratch
Or is it that maybe your nurse needs to work on her offensive game?

I hope that's not offensive.
Believe me, it's nothing

Roy, were you racing other people in their wheelchairs again? :scratch
Or is it that maybe your nurse needs to work on her offensive game?

I hope that's not offensive.
Believe me, it's nothing
Nope. We were there to see a Dr for our daughter. We decided to walk to the Mall, and part of a sidewalk was cobblestone. I was bumping her over that and we came to a spot where the subway came up. There was a metal railing around the hole, and only room for one person to get through on the building side, as it went right to the curb on the other side. People wouldn't let us through, they just kept coming. Finally, I got pissed because it was Winter and cold, and just pushed her in there and made the person coming the other way back up and get out of our way. :laugh

Finally, I got pissed because it was Winter and cold, and just pushed her in there and made the person coming the other way back up and get out of our way. :laugh

So, in a way, you were creating a space of nothingness out of something as you pushed! Excellent! Fine job! :thumb

Now, now, don't be gettin' all irrational. :laugh
If I wanted to kill this thread, I know exactly what to talk about.
Nothin' much.

Randall, you are correct. That person wanted a choice, I gave them nothing. Odd, that they didn't thank me.:laugh I did stand there quite a while making eye contact with people, yet they just kept walking through there. I guess I was disappointed as I expected Canadians to be as considerate or more so, than Americans. They apparently have no form of the American Disabilities Act, as I found out. No ramps for wheelchairs anywhere, not even at the hospital. It was designed well enough, with no stairs anywhere, but the streets were for walking people only.

If a tree falls and no one is around to hear it....

Nope, I left this thread for awhile, and now that I'm back

I still get nowhere with it.

Nothing has changed The tree made no sound as it fell in the forest..

not a peep...nothing...

http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/default-en.as p
I found one document, and it just says that they can't be discriminated against in hiring. Perhaps, I am not using the correct words, who knows
canada.jpg

I am not saying anything bad about Canada, as much as I am saying something good about America. I pretty much found nothing on that site about making things wheelchair accessible.

Roy

I know in Montreal they have many areas that are wheelchair accessible including wildfire sites. I even recall during a snow storm a motorized wheelchair was going down the main road since it was plowed. When it comes to equal rights Canada is way ahead of the US. :ca I guess nothing is equal ?
Yep. All I saw was Toronto, and they are not set up for wheelchairs at all. I am not going to dismiss all of Canada, but is it possible that guy was going down the road because there were no ramps to get back up to the sidewalk, or are you just messin' with me?:laugh

Back