• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This thread is going to be stale and unimaginative, don't look.

nothing in Afrikaans is niks, niks nie
nothing in Dutch is niks, nihil, niets, niemendal
nothing in French is rien
nothing in German is nichts, nichts, Null
nothing in Italian is nulla
nothing in Latin is nihil, nihilum, nusquam
nothing in Portuguese is nada
nothing in Spanish is nada
nothing in Swedish is ingenting, ingenting, intet

search

I looked for the earliest recorded occurance of nothing, but couldn't find anything other than a theory.

Overview:

A stone falls to earth for the same reason that warm air rises, and for the same reason that the earth orbits the sun. All motion is motivated by this one source. Thus, heat goes to where there is less heat, air pressure evens itself out, and entropy redistributes matter towards a state of amorphous uniformity. This dynamic underlies every event and gives the universe its particular form.

Evidence of this is seen in the cosmology of the “Big Bang”, which indicates that our universe begins in a state of compressed uniformity – like a “Black Hole”, and is in constant motion towards expanded uniformity via entropy. This perfect uniformity, either expanded or contracted, is indistinguishable from nothingness.

This is because human perception requires the delineation of one thing from another to function. When everything is everywhere in equal quantities (perfect uniformity) nothing is detectable.

Dave took this picture of a sign we spotted in Carcross, Yukon on a shore excursion during our recent Alaska cruise.

Attachments

• Small nothing sign.JPG
    Small nothing sign.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 87
I thought outside the box once, but since I was in the box, I couldn't see what I was thinking.

Some say the glass is half full, others say it is half empty.
I say it is purple- George Carlin

As Red Green said,Be handy if you can't be handsome

Wow!!
That huge red thing and the huge green thing are really something!!

My daughter has a shirt with Asian writing on it and it says Hong Kong on parts and Tokyo on parts of it. When my wife and daughter were in China, she asked the Nurses if they could read it. They said it was a mix of Chinese and Japanese language. My wife thought that was odd, and commented so. I said that maybe the guy who designed it was occident prone.

Thank you, I'll be here all week, or until they ban me.

uhhh....nothing.

My daughter has a shirt with Asian writing on it and it says Hong Kong on parts and Tokyo on parts of it. When my wife and daughter were in China, she asked the Nurses if they could read it. They said it was a mix of Chinese and Japanese language. My wife thought that was odd, and commented so. I said that maybe the guy who designed it was occident prone.

Thank you, I'll be here all week, or until they ban me.

uhhh....nothing.

That joke was so bad, if I told it to my wife, she would have slapped my hand. We do that in my house when a bad joke or pun is told.

Thankfully, she is upstairs and I don''t think I will repeat it. So, in the slapped hand department -- nothing.

Nothing in transliterated Russian --- nichevo .

I am going to go to bed and do some more nothing and continue to get paid for doing nothing fo 8 more hours.

Back