• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

This thread is going to be stale and unimaginative, don't look.

... another thought from the vacuum: maybe a gathering of the Nothing Enthusiasts can meet for a beer....or not..... at the rally in Penn. I wonder what could be discussed.... or not? Confusing eh?

Last edited:
Sitting around a campfire discussing nothing with a bunch of guys that know nothing..........nothing better!

Nothing in Common

It may prove difficult to get all of the Nothing Enthusiasts to gather in one meeting. My guess is that the Adventure Nothing People would lobby strongly for their right to meet separately from the alien K Bike Crowd or the dreaded Outlaw Nothing People.

:cat

There's nothing easy about defining nothing. Its only after seeing nothing, hearing nothing, feeling nothing, smelling and/or tasting nothing, that one can know nothing. Then we're right back where we started with nothing to define.

Sensory deprivation!!! Cool!!!

ROYKSOPP - 49 Percent Lyrics

49 percent
1 percent short of half
and less than half
ain't really much of nothing

Bit off more than one could bite
and the taste is slight
it leaves this dullish appetite
'bout time I've finally seen the light
and said goodnight,
for the sling is tight
we'll lose this fight
in a corner painted white
as you fly your kite
I shun the sight, I've seen the light!
and now I've got to say goodnight, you know I'm right!

49 percent
1 percent short of half
and less than half
49 percent
1 percent short of half
and less than half

I won't try to stop your flight
or change your night or nothing,
less than half
why won't you try
to make this damage better?

Math and imagery
Equates cacophony
Multiplies muteness: a sum better disturbed
For silence subtracts
And shadows divide
light
less than half is slight
Math and imagery
Equates cacophony
Multiplies muteness: a sum better disturbed
For silence subtracts ....

maybe this whole thing about nothingness is like a Hoover, for example, because, as some more learned folks have observed, "nothing exists in a vacuum". But that doesn't make sense because when I empty that "vacuum" there's usually a bunch of unusable items therein so that to refer to it as a vacuum is really a misnomer because something did exist in that vacuum. Now, this thread, which, if all principles apply, should cease to exist forthwith or risk becoming 'something'....... as in that Hoover. - Bob

Welcome to Hooverville

I would argue that something does exist in a vacuum: it's just that that something is nothing. Of course, it all depends on how you define "is". Think of it as a Beagle who barks and farts at the same time. . .

:cat

The very emptiness of this thread is defining it's usefulness, it is as the sound of one hand clapping and the Lotus blooming, or perhaps the gas one emits after digesting a chili cheese dog.

Back