Thread: Funny for the day

Funny for the day

Approximately 40 miles from where we live is the little town of Sturgis, Mississippi. For several years, the town has been holding the Sturgis Bike Rally or Little Sturgis, which as you probably have already guessed is a harley/cruiser event made up mostly of drunk goobers and rednecks. This was held this past weekend. Our local newspaper always has the write-up on the front page, and this year was no different, including an interview with some of the attendees. This is part of the newspaper article...
    "Nothing was going to stop Joe and Jo Jo Young from riding their Harley Davidsons into Sturgis on Saturday. The couple rode THREE hours from State Line, a MS town on the Alabama border with fewer than 600 people. They began riding in 2008, when soaring gas prices inspired them to purchase motorcycles. Since then the two have logged MORE THAN 41,000 MILES! on their bikes and made the trip to Sturgis every year its been held." Just thought this might bring a smile to your faces .
    Gail Thorne
    G650GS
    KLR650

I guess that is REALLY funny for someone like you who rides 40,000 miles a year and rides 3 hours just for lunch.
    Jim Dubick
    Boaz, Alabama
    R1200RT,R1100GS,KLX250
    BMW MOA, BMW MOALABAMA

Quote Originally Posted by jdubick View Post
    I guess that is REALLY funny for someone like you who rides 40,000 miles a year and rides 3 hours just for lunch.
    Hey Dubick! Actually, I rode 40,000 + in 6 months .
    Gail Thorne
    G650GS
    KLR650

They started riding in 2008 and nothing kept them from getting to Sturgis....

I'm reminded of the joke about the rancher convention where the Texas ranch owner is bragging to an Arkansas farmer about the size of his spread. "I can start at the east edge of my ranch in the morning and not reach the west edge by sundown," the Texan bragged. The Arkansan replied "Yeah, I had a truck like that once."
    sgtbill
    Duty First!
    86 K100RS EML & 79 R100S
    2007 F800ST & 2014 F800GS & 2014 F700GS

Journalists are the ones that are funny.

That and the notion they bought their motorcycle because of gas prices.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

must be really slow news day (year) for the small town paper...