• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Blaming this on The_Veg

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
How did this happen? went to look at an '05 GS Sunday...rode it home yesterday after a swap for another bike I had( non BMW):clap

All I can say something was in the air after all the dang rain we have had and The_Veg's shopping posts...This bike ROCKS:rocker

I had sold one of the Roadsters and was just THINKING about buying a used GS to compliment Helen's F650...Now I want to sneak outa here and go get it dirty

Attachments

• P1010287.JPG
    P1010287.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 182
you have too many bikes

you must share

:hide

:laugh :laugh :laugh My older brothers words...he only has two...I guess I just am indecisive and like choices! I have spent my kids inheritance and should all learn to ride. My 26 year old son asked if it was a transformer...then said ,Can I ride it?????

and Wezel...I can just flatfoot her, I was concerned about that big time...thanks! I like the color too:thumb AND it has Touratech Bling already installed and a Corbin saddle...only needs some new shoes soon

I have spent my kids inheritance

:thumb

As my parents plan another trip to some far off land, he'll say something like, "I hope you're not expecting any money when we die." To which I respond, "Not unless you just happen to die very very soon." :evil

You worked hard (I assume). Enjoy it. :nod

Yo, Hen!

Very nice! Needs some dirt, don't you think?:nyah

How's the better half and her GS? Mine keeps sending me little emails describing her trips into the hills while I sit at work. Being a teacher, she gets more seat time than I can.:cry

My 25 year old will be home from Iraq for 2 weeks later in August but...he's never ridden a bike! He's a Porsche-phile and prefers those things with the engines in the back. Got to set him straight!

Dave

found some local former mt biking trails on way home...sure is easier with a throttle in the hand! bike is officially christened and dirty...I know, don't wash it now!

Helen is loving the 650...I still have to remember she is on it when I pass someone...or rip off the line in first gear..."where did she go?":nono . I get paid back when she returns to the 1150. Now that I have a companion for her GS, we can start going exploring more...I took the roadster offroad, but this is WAY better. Her house she just sold is on a caliche/limestone road ...dangit, just getting bikes that can do that daily and she sold it...

My son got home from the Navy last year and bought a big Honda twin...has ridden a roadster and is "interested" but it still is not "cool" or whatever the term is!

I have been telling our kids that we are doing our best to spend every last dime. When I rolled home the new RT, our oldest allowed as how he now believes me.

If all goes as planned, they can expect no more than may half of the last retirement check.

The problem is, or course, in the timing.

Steve, I'm getting tired of congratulating all you Texas boys on your R12GS acquisitions.... but what the heck: Congrats! Happy News! :D

Steve, I'm getting tired of congratulating all you Texas boys on your R12GS acquisitions.... but what the heck: Congrats! Happy News! :D

If you sell that house in upstate NY, you too can have the bike of your dreams.

:hide

Well done Steve! I'm overdue for some Hill Country riding so keep your eye open for a big crazy dude on a GS...

Well done Steve! I'm overdue for some Hill Country riding so keep your eye open for a big crazy dude on a GS...

back to ya on the congrats! There seems to be a few to be looking for down this way now! What a performing bike...got mine dirty again today and brought back lots of memories of the ''old bikes" on dirt and gravel roads. The RT is a blast...this thing takes it up a notch!

Back