• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sturgis - camping for BMW's

BradMotor$%

I have to see it all!
I know how some of you feel about other bikes and in particular Harleys but I am wondering if there is a campground designated as a BMW connection. One year there was a campground where BMW's could camp together. Anyone have information on camping with other BMW riders at the Sturgis Rally?

BradGS

I know how some of you feel about other bikes and in particular Harleys but I am wondering if there is a campground designated as a BMW connection. One year there was a campground where BMW's could camp together. Anyone have information on camping with other BMW riders at the Sturgis Rally?

BradGS

I don't know of a 'BMW' campground, I think that happened once a few years ago.

Spearfish has a campground in the middle of town. It is a tree-lined area on Spearfish Creek, relatively quiet (compared to Buffalo Chip etc.) http://www.spearfishparksandrec.com/campground/index.html

Also check out http://www.sturgis.com/campncabin.html

Happy Trails,
Tim

I know how some of you feel about other bikes and in particular Harleys but I am wondering if there is a campground designated as a BMW connection. One year there was a campground where BMW's could camp together. Anyone have information on camping with other BMW riders at the Sturgis Rally?BradGS

The Rapid City Group used to host an area for BMW's in Whispering Pines CG.
Don't know if they still do.

The Black Hills Riders used to host a campground at Whispering Pines, but no longer does so. A lot of BMW riders still congregate there, out of habit, I suppose. A lot of the riders that used to ride BMWs to the rally now bring dirt bikes or dual-sports instead, and either stay with offroad-friendly Black Hills riders or disperse to remote NF campgrounds that are more convenient to the trails. Once you have ridden all the pavement...

Back