• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A Modest Forum Proposal for Gillette and Beyond

I bet there's a market for "Dave" nametags

The Signman used to have blanks that had the MOA logo on them, if memory serves.

And yes, that couple is sorely missed at the rally. I think I've got a half dozen name tags hanging around collecting dust, with various titles and such on them. I think the first one I bought was back in Oshkosh.

I know I'm in the market for a KBasa myself.:brow
Could we use a nametag from another event(as long as our name hasn't been changed in the witness protection program)?

If we use those

I have some fancy "knary" badge somewhere, but the low tech throw away thing works pretty damn well...
nametag.jpg

And doesn't require that people squint to read a tiny bit of writing on a tiny badge.

there will likely be 3 knarys and 5 hodags present.

I know I'm in the market for a KBasa myself.:brow
Could we use a nametag from another event(as long as our name hasn't been changed in the witness protection program)?

I've had a few, with titles and stuff on them, that are hanging on the wall over my workbench.

I've got a generic one, but I've lost track of it. It's probably in a tankbag or something.

But yeah, just slap a chunk of duct tape on yersef and scribble your name on it.

I posit that the type and condition of the name tag could tell us a lot about the person................ maybe.

This is serious business Mr. Benn. Purely a colloquial figure of speech uttered while I was under the alcafluence of incahol. ThatÔÇÖs my story and I am sticking to it.
:brad

Well if that's the case

I posit that the type and condition of the name tag could tell us a lot about the person................ maybe.

I'm wearing mine from the '85 Porsche Parade in Costa Mesa.Or maybe I can find mine left from military service in the early 70s-you know,the ugly black one w/only your last name.

Great Get-Together Idea

And who is judging the "badge" awards??

Biggest Badge

Longest Badge

Baddest Badge

Wearable Badge

Most Traveled Badge

This award s_it must end.....bad idea.....too much work..............:usa

It really is a great idea......and it will be the place to be..........and be seen..........

I propose that a ÔÇÿForum Bag Lunch Meet and GreetÔÇÖ event be added to the official rally schedule of events/seminars for the Gillette Rally and beyond. The event (what ever the final name) is to be held Noon to 1PM Saturday of the Rally.

Stroke of genius !!!

I see this idea has already gathered plenty of momentum, but I thought I'd weigh in with my support.

Decisions, decisions. At noon on Saturday at the MOA National, every year, is held the annual meeting of MOA Club #100, the Select Friends of Wile E. Coyote, at the beer garten. We also induct new members at the time.

No problem Randy, you just need to set your watches for a different time zone.:laugh

See that was easy.:drink :lurk

The media group has responded, sort of.

Vince, aka the work-oholic, thinks it is a great idea and will responded in more detail when he returns from a well earned vacation.

Scott is panicking about the presentation.

Mandy is quietly seeking FBI protection.

Now we just need the room.

A volunteer judge

And who is judging the "badge" awards??

Biggest Badge

Longest Badge

Baddest Badge

Wearable Badge

Most Traveled Badge

This fellow volunteered. Qualification?

BuckyBadger.gif

He is a badger!

Back