• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS Riding in N. Idaho

timsh

The theme of the national rally this year is the "Northwest Passage", referring to the expeditions of Lewis and Clark. Lewis and Clark were true adventurers. Our goals this year for the GS ride is in the spirit of Lewis and Clark, and we plan to provide some adventures into the beautiful wilderness of North Idaho and Eastern Washington. You will see some country that is absolutely breath-taking. There are literally thousands of miles of off-pavement riding in the inland northwest. You will have the choice of very well maintained gravel roads to hundreds of miles of single track trails. There are many lakes and mountain tops to explore. The rivers run crystal clean and are brimming with wild trout. If you are a fisherman, bring the fishing gear! WeÔÇÖll have more later. :wave

Hey Tim,
Your descriptions themselves are breathtaking! Can't wait for the snow to melt and to help you guys with laying out the routes.
It's gonna be the best National for GS riders yet!
(Hope I can keep up with ya on my XL350)
Chris

Hello Chris,

Last Friday the GS ride commitee got together in Sandpoint and had a great time planning and figuring out some rides. We will be offering guided rides on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with some real fun stuff planned for Saturday. We are still looking for local GS riders in the Spokane/North Idaho area to help out with some rides, and volunteers to help in other areas.

Some areas we will be checking out is Mt. spokane, Mica, the Coeur d'Alene Mountains which is South off of the Fourth of July Pass exit, and Latour Peak between Cataldo and St Maries. From Latour Peak you can see Spokane which is about 60 miles away.

When the snow melts and we can get into the mountains, I'll be sure to contact you for the ride of your life!!

GS Rides

:D This sounds like us GS guys are going to have some great riding! I'm ridin' my Dakar up through Nevada, SE Oregon and western Idaho from the high desert of SoCal just to get there, & I'm lookin for any other GS riders thinking of riding from SoCal. Gonna depart SoCal several days early to take in some of the awesome country on the way.

Re: GS Rides

JoeDakar said:
:D This sounds like us GS guys are going to have some great riding! I'm ridin' my Dakar up through Nevada, SE Oregon and western Idaho from the high desert of SoCal just to get there, & I'm lookin for any other GS riders thinking of riding from SoCal. Gonna depart SoCal several days early to take in some of the awesome country on the way.

Hello Joe Dakar,

If you let me know which way you are coming up through Idaho and I will give you some options of either paved back roads or back country gravel roads. Let me know how much time you have and what food and sleepings arrangements you want.

Back