• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

German Translation

C

chiknjoe

I forgot, the mugs we received at the rally say " NICHT UBER...MAX". What does it mean?

I heard it used it in regards to filling oil

btw umlauts were missing

Hogans Heros, episode 13,1966 the blonde bar maid to Bob Craine at the local Haufbrau discussing the amount of nitro it would take to blow up the nazi train...

Werner Klemperer thought they were talking beer here....:bikes

Last edited:
This phrase can be found on EVERY airhead oil dipstick.

NICHT UBER MAX ... STAND AUFFULLEN

It means "Do Not Overfill ... Stand Upright"

:dance
I just had to take it from our BMW motorcycles and put it onto the rally mugs.

I'm sure the Beer Committee will have something to say about those mugs...and the inscription! ;)

Nicht ?£ber Max Stand Auff??llen. I have always thought it meant: "Do not fill above the 'max' mark"

judjones,
You are correct with your translation

As a True German I am aware of how difficult the German language can be.

:german

Eventually I'm going to have to take the bubble wrap off ours and see how they endured the journey home. Maybe next time free shipping could be included. ;)

I'm sure Lisa will enjoy bringing her Beer Stein to school to show off...:drink

Attachments

• Rally Girl.jpg
    Rally Girl.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 214
Eventually I'm going to have to take the bubble wrap off ours and see how they endured the journey home. Maybe next time free shipping could be included.

Hi Gail --- The MOA would have been happy to ship it for you. I am sorry that wasn't communicated.

I hope yours made it home okay. If not, we do have a couple of spares ... just-in-case...

Congratulations on winning one of the major awards. Was it for long-distance female, two up?

Last edited:
Nicht ?£ber Max Stand Auff??llen. I have always thought it meant: "Do not fill above the 'max' mark"

Interesting to see how things get translated... All the other previous one's were close but no cigar.

If you need anything translated you can send it my way, as I am fluid in German, not always in English... However, I am sure that I am not by myself in that category in this forum/website... :dance

This phrase can be found on EVERY airhead oil dipstick.

NICHT UBER MAX ... STAND AUFFULLEN

It means "Do Not Overfill ... Stand Upright"

:dance
I just had to take it from our BMW motorcycles and put it onto the rally mugs.

What's a dipstick?
(K-bike rider since 1991)

Boxerkuh if you look at the translation from judjones, as a German you will see that his translation is correct.
I am born and raised in Good Old Germany and still fluent in that language as well as French, English and Swaheli.

;) :german :usa :bikes

Back