• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

jackelope as a theme for Gillette

redclfco

The theme to Gillette rally should be somthing about the Jackelope! I should of thought of this before! Jakelopes and Beemers! We could all wear silly little horns on our helmets! what a great theme! (No offense meant to those who already wear silly little horns or ears!)

Metephorically speaking, here is the mysterious Jackelope (Beemer) who rides (is) fast, and they (S bikes, maybe LTs) are hard to catch (Wyoming Game and Fish keep count, and there has been less than 100 actually caught since they began keeping records in 1899).

Beemers are fast. Jackelopes are smart and fast Beemer riders are smar... Well let's leave it at fast, shall we? We used to chase these things on motorcycles when I was a kid in eastern Colorado, but I know from friends in Wyoming they grow much, much bigger up there, somthing to do with a nutrient in the sagae brush that is more powerful in Wyoming.

Oh yes and the male jackelope has unusually large you know, ( down there ) organs, so since they both have horns male and female, that's how you tell the difference. The same is true for most male Beemer riders...right?

The last thing they have in common is some of them ( nobody knows why) when they first start out running, they blow blue smoke out of their ass! Can you imagine! I think it's cause they sleep on their sides!

Whattia think! Will it work?

Red

ps their goes my lunch hour1 How time flys!

West Desert Journal
The sun in a quiet world…

?½ UntitledWatching the Chimpanzees ??
The Jackelope
The Jackalope is a rabbit species that inhabits the Western United States, and unlike any other type of rabbit, they grow antlers that are similar to a Mule Deer, or an Antelope. Evolutionary Theorists cannot explain as to how the Jackelope is able to produce antlers, or where this creature might have evolved. There is no evidence to explain how the Jackelope uses it’s antlers, or whether the animal is terretorial or not.

Walking into the Sunshine Truck Stop, the other day, I saw a Jackolope mounted to the wall. Even dead, you don’t see very many representations of this animal. I peered into its dusty, plastic eyes. His antlers were similar to that of a Mule Deer.

I would like to catch one of these elusive creatures. In all my time wandering the Desert Southwest, I have yet to see one in the wild. They are rarely spotted, even more so then Mountain Lions. Many skeptics will claim that they are a hoax, or just a fable, but this is not true. My own grandfather killed one, while he was gardening out at our ranch back in the 70’s. He put it in a plastic bag, but the maggots got to it. So he wasn’t able to skin and mount it. This is what he told me.

Note: I have just started an audioblog inspired by this post;The Jackalope

Attachments

• Jack.jpg
    Jack.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
My grandfather actually had a Jackalope mounted in his den. Unfortunately it self destructed by spontaneous combustion. A picture was taken before the trophy made an ash of itself.

jackalopeII.jpg

I can't believe you would use an endangered animal as a symbol of the rally, unless it was to call attention to their plight!
People actually believe they are not real!
I ask you, when was the last time you saw a real Jackalope? I remember riding across the Plains states with herds of them jumping gracefully next to the road (after I left the bar). These animals are in danger of being snuffed out completely, if they are not already, because of careless human enroachment into their territory. They love alcohol, much as we do,which is why you usually see stuffed ones in bars, and maybe even why you see a real one. These poor critters are being quietly eradicated because of the fact that when crossing a road and startled, they jump to bumper height. We must do everything to preserve these gentle creatures (since they are already pickled). If you see a Jackalope, be quiet, do not startle them, offer them a drink, and quit drinking. Paid for by Jackalope Imperiled Makes Better Environmental Awareness Mandatory

Last edited:
Wall Drug has Jackalope mountings for sell.

I stopped at the famous Wall Drug Store in South Dakota on way to West Bend and a little store on the main drag was selling mounted Jackalopes. They are small enough you could mount one on your trusty steed for next years rally.

I stopped at the famous Wall Drug Store in South Dakota on way to West Bend and a little store on the main drag was selling mounted Jackalopes. They are small enough you could mount one on your trusty steed for next years rally.

Those wern't REAL Jackelopes; they were impersonators. Many live out side of Las Vegas and a few still show up in Memphis, but don't believe em! There only wannabeejackelope!

Red

Last edited:
Back