• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's your favorite Rally Site!!

MrZip

I have to put this year's rally up towards the top!!
followed by Spokane, Redmond, Mizzoula and Oshkosh

The treed camping of Oshkosh (1976), with the air-conditioned pavillion of Charleston for seminars (2004) and the entertainment of Lima (2005) don't forget to throw in the the meal at Colorado Springs(1977).

Woodgrain:brow

Charleston. I gave up camping a long time ago, and it was great to be able to walk to restaurants and have a beer with dinner.

Partial to Vermont because of proximity and twisty riding, but I really liked Wisconsin.

This Winter: The GIG 2 NYC! (and we'll use the Subways too!)

The GIG 2 NYC will be bigger and better than ever. The Christmas lighting will still be up and NYC will be dressed out in its finest.

The date - December 28 - not January - DECEMBER.

Last edited:
ChristmasElf.jpg

Official Rally Gear for Big GIG2

IN, of course, and maybe we'll end up dancing with our randomly met company...
_xy-1122850_1

Check out post #10 from Statdawg. You could get away with the elf outfit in NYC at Christmas. But Statdawg's outfit will have you in the crowbar hotel at public expense.

:wave

Check out post #10 from Statdawg. You could get away with the elf outfit in NYC at Christmas. But Statdawg's outfit will have you in the crowbar hotel at public expense.

:wave
That I wanna see!

There's always a room at the Bellevue Hotel... :wave

i'd say the vermont site, but i'm biased because i live about 4 minutes from it.

Laguna Seca/Monterey in '86 stands out as the best glamor destination for a rally I've been to, but maybe I remember it more fondly because it was my first 'MOA and also my first long tour.
But the PCH through Big Sur is about as good as motorcycle roads get in North America.
That said, the facilities in Redmond, Ore., were first rate, as were the facilities in Burlington, Vt., last year.
I've only been to one BMW MOA rally that I hated - the urban rally in Charleston, W.Va. in '03. It was definitely not camping-friendly and the event was too strung out geographically to have any sense of community.
Generally speaking, any rally site in the West gets me packing. I'd return in a heartbeat to any of these:
Rapid City, ND
Flagstaff, AZ
Durango, CO
Missoula, MT
Redmond, OR
Spokane, WA

See you in Gillette!:drink :drink :drink

I've only been to one BMW MOA rally that I hated - the urban rally in Charleston, W.Va. in '03. It was definitely not camping-friendly and the event was too strung out geographically to have any sense of community.

See you in Gillette!:drink :drink :drink

I agree. It was an experiment that did not work. It might have been seen differently if the weather had been better.

Rally sites

I was wondering if anyone had a list of the past rally locations? Going back as far as possible.
Wisconsin 2007
Vermont 2006
Ohio 2005
2004?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

I have only owned a BMW:bikes for the past two years, so the past rally locations are unknown to me.

Back