• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Name Badges?

BMWK1200LTRIDER

S.A. Martin
Hi,

I was looking forward to have a name badge made at the rally. I seen so many badges on other members, but no one was making them at the rally this year.

In past rallies I know there was someone who sold them, made on the spot, but not this year.

Does anyone know who the vendor was who sold these name tags?

I have been to two other rallies as a guest. This one was my first as a member of the MOA. I was looking forward to having a my first tag made!

Anyway something to think about for Gillette. Maybe there they could have tags made in the country store with proceeds to go to a charity.

sparkchaser1200:bluduh

For many years we were fortunate to have a vendor who always attended our rallies. He was "The Sign Man" out of Palmyra, Tennessee.

He retired after Lima.

Someone mentioned at the rally that the Signman sold his business and name. I think the vendor above is the new proprietor.

Hi,

I was looking forward to have a name badge made at the rally. I seen so many badges on other members, but no one was making them at the rally this year.
....<SNIP>...

Maybe there they could have tags made in the country store with proceeds to go to a charity.

sparkchaser1200:bluduh

I think that is an excellent idea! I was looking for a name tag vendor as well. That and custom reflective stickers were the only two things that I was looking for that I DIDN'T find.

How about providing name badges?

I've been to only the last 2 rallies (VT and WI) and I have to say that at my first rally in 06, I was really surprised that registration didn't result in a name badge. I go to lots of conferences as part of my job, and you ALWAYS get a name badge. I know that many MOA member make annual or nearly annual trips to these rallies and know lots of people, but as a less experienced rally attendee, I think name badges could really help you meet people.

I think everyone should get a name badge when they register, and that name badges should show:

Name
Bike Model or Year and Model
City, State
Club Name, if any.

Name badges

I do trade shows for a living. Having a name badge would be real helpful. Give you a chance to introduce your self to someone you recognize by name off a forum, news article or through the grape vine. Something the MOA would consider doing for its members?:stick

By the way, from the Detroit area folks and our friends and co-campers from New York and New Jersey-Great Job everyone. What a great rally!!!!

Mark Sanford
Livonia, MI

BMW Touring Club of Detroit

$ $ $

How much more would you be willing to pay for name badges?

Off the top of my head, I would guess these to cost between $2 - $5 each, depending on the materials used.

Just something to consider...................

I was envious...

I was envious of the previous rally-goer's with their name badges. They looked so "official". :brow

Anyway, are name badges items that perhaps could be country store items? Could they be sourced for the MOA store? Just wondering. I'd be more inclined to not include the name badge as part of the rally package, but instead offer them at the Country Store, much like rally t-shirts, hats, etc.

Or just hook up with a vendor, and get them back on site for the national rally.

I got my IBMWR one from the sign man, must have been 11 or so years ago (Morgantown?) Was one of the only things that didn't break when I wrecked ;)

Being really bad remembering names, I like name tags. At the Lima rally seems we had a fair number of vendors on site making name tags. Didn't cost more than about $5, and I put it on my hat or T-shirt now for rallies.

10 cent name badge...
hellomynameisinigo.jpg

Well, to be the contrarian, about the last thing I need is another name badge. I belong to several local clubs and have a club name badge from at least 3 of them. Somewhere I have the badge that I had when I was a BMW MOA Director, and another from when I was BMW MOA President. Since I am no longer in office I don't wear either of these. I moved, so the old ones that say Lawrence, Kansas don't seem right any more. The last one I had made I just put my name on it since I knew I might be moving.

It was always nice to have "The Sign Man" at the rally though because if I did find a burning desire to get a badge made he did it quickly and pretty cheaply. Maybe the new one can be coaxed to come to Gillette.

I can see by the replies I some followers.

The sort of tag I was looking for , I liked the most, was ones with the MOA logo on them.

I tried the link that paulbach suggested but he has no MOA logo.

Can MOA HQ help with this?

The Signman can produce a tag with any logo. You may have to to send him a JPEG with the artwork you desire.

Earlier this year he produced a nice one with my Avatar. Of course I forgot to pack it when I went to the rally. :doh

Back