Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Knuckleheaded Moron

Knuckleheaded Moron

I would really like to find out who the knucklehead who was riding I believe, a blue K1200S southbound on WI 45 just north of the rally site on Saturday during the rally about noon. I was riding in the left hand lane about 80 or so to test the new exhaust I had just put on my black 02 LT when this moron passes me in my own lane doing over a hundred. He and I are lucky that I didn't drift over in my lane because I had no idea he was coming up behind me. Most BMW riders have the sense not to do such stupid things and if anybody knows this clown, please inform him that his actions are a danger to himself and other riders and if you can, kick his ass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tonynace View Post
    I would really like to find out who the knucklehead who was riding I believe, a blue K1200S southbound on WI 45 just north of the rally site on Saturday during the rally about noon. I was riding in the left hand lane about 80 or so to test the new exhaust I had just put on my black 02 LT when this moron passes me in my own lane doing over a hundred. He and I are lucky that I didn't drift over in my lane because I had no idea he was coming up behind me. Most BMW riders have the sense not to do such stupid things and if anybody knows this clown, please inform him that his actions are a danger to himself and other riders and if you can, kick his ass for me.
    Tony, First off, glad you're ok. That K Jockey sounds like he may not have a very long motorcycling career, if that's his method of riding.

I hate to sound blas?®, but living and riding in the tri-state area, I get that every time I head out, no matter the city street, road or highway (case in point: squid on a black k1200s who darted all over I-80 through NJ, last night on my way home from the Rally).

Again, glad you're ok. I don't know you, but I'd wager your own skills and intuitions played a big part in your avoiding a mishap as the result of that encounter.

Not a cool move, but it's also your responsibility to keep your eye on traffic approaching from the rear and move to the gol-darned right lane once you've executed a pass.

And no, it wasn't me . . .

I don't sit in the left lane. I was in the act of passing myself, but not within somebody else lane. I do look for traffic coming up behind me but I can't exclusively look in my rear view mirror or I'd be going in the ditch and it is really hard to pick up someone when they are coming at you at that speed. So don't blame me unless you know the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by boomgarden View Post
    Not a cool move, but it's also your responsibility to keep your eye on traffic approaching from the rear and move to the gol-darned right lane once you've executed a pass.

And no, it wasn't me . . .
    Running at 80 he probably ought to be in the left lane as he was. Seeing traffic approach from the rear at a high rate of speed is tough. Many times I've had a cop car blow by in the left lane at warp speed that I've never seen. Finally, passing someone in their lane is not a good idea.
    Frank G.
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    2004 R1150RT

You just hit on one of the most irritating idiot motorcycle maneuvers that I know of - there was a sad video floating around YouTube for a while showing exactly what can happen.
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

SNOONE
    Some People just don't get it. It's being surprised by the stupidity that gets me. Attached is the original Knucklehead.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Irritating is not the word for it. If it was just irritating, I wouldn't have mentioned it. What he did is downright dangerous. If he wants to kill himself, fine, but don't take me with him.

Get a state and plate number? Maybe I can pay him a visit with my "Uncle Louie".

Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

S Rider
    At least it was a BMW that almost killed you.

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by tonynace View Post
    I was riding in the left hand lane about 80 or so to test the new exhaust I had just put on my black 02 LT when this moron passes me in my own lane doing over a hundred.

Two things:
      1. Keep right except to pass
      2. Watch your six

The left lane isn't for "testing new exhausts", nor is it "your own", it's for passing.

Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    Two things:
      2. Watch your six

The left lane isn't for "testing new exhausts", nor is it "your own", it's for passing.
    And that means what? He already stated he was passing. There's no excuse, or reason, for stupidity.
    Dan

Stuff2c
    Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    Two things:
      2. Watch your six

+1

Seems to me if you were passing, you would want to know what was coming up behind you.

Some people just can't seem to grasp the concept.

#1 I was in the left lane because I was passing
    #2 As I stated previously, I can't watch the mirror very much while I'm passing: I'm too busy concentrating on passing.
    #3 It is pretty hard to pick up someone coming from behind at that rate of speed even if I am looking in my mirrors. He could have been in the right lane just previously.
    #4 I never expected some fool to pass me in my own lane without even signaling or anything, especially a BMW rider. That's why it's so dangerous.

Probably a California rider.

Out there they call it "lane sharing."

And they say they do it all the time.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves