• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can we start a 2008 Rally forum/thread?

but, that was somewhere else.

Rally weather was perfect . . .

Voni
sMiling

but, that was somewhere else.

Rally weather was perfect . . .

Voni
sMiling

obviously, you and Paul weren't there on Sunday or Monday preceeding the festivities. let us just say that "something less than perfect" was offered up by the weather gods. but, ya gets what ya gets, and it is what it is.

Actually we arrived on Sunday night - were on site all day Monday - did Camp GEARS Tuesday and Wednesday, and then did our normal Seminars and such during the actual rally.

We only had 2 tent poles break during one skirmish with the wind but that was in the middle of the night - Voni stayed asleep while I sat up at 4:15 a.m. holding the tent up till the wind died down a bit. Oh, and the Monday mid-day hurricane West Bend put the 3rd break in the poles. Actually those were breaks #2, #3, and #4, because #1 happened in Utah a few weeks ago.

This is not to imply that the weather was actually bad. The tent was an experiment - bigger than our usual tent and $26 at Walmart. The tent is great - the poles are horrible. But as Voni said, "It's RED!"

2,000 miles one way is a bit of a hike.

BUT

SouthwestPlane.png

Fly to Denver and ride to Gillette. Is that cheating?

Now, how do I get my bike to DIA? Have a year to work on that puzzle.

Oh goodie, a next year's rally thread! I just rode in last night, and am suffering from post-rally letdown. :(

Lots of places to rent from in the West, where do you want to ride from?

Got any friends with extra bikes? I've done it/seen it done quite a bit, don't forget to check on insurance.

There's also the bike train and similar shipping options.

Or just fly in and get a sherpa tent. Anything to get you there!

Back