• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

CB Mounting

K

K12luvr

Can anyone tell me a good way to mount a handheld CD on a 2004 RT. I'm not sure I want to use a tank bag so I was thinking of something along the lines of a RAM mount. Being new to BMW's (Aug 03), I'll appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks

Pete

mount

I'm not much further along as I got my 04 RT the end of July. Are these great bikes or what! Have you looked at Cycle gadgets.com? Great stuff and super nice people. Sean is one of the owners and can probably help you. One thing you may want to look into is the new small iPod from Apple. It will hold a thousand songs (the equivalent of about 65 CD's) and you can organize them anyway you wish. Don't have to worry about melting CD's or vibration and don't have to futz with it for hours. Best bet for sound is running your music through an Autocom into their helmet headset.

www.cyclegadgets.com http://www.autocomamerica.com/index.asp Apple

Last edited:
Where in West NJ are you from? I know that part of the country well. Blairstown, Hackettstwon, Columbia ?

Randy,

I live in Sparta, about ?¢ hour from Blairstown/Hackettstown. Great area of the state. Some good roads and easy access to PA and NY state.

I've ben living in Dallas for 30+ years though I grew up in Summit, NJ . Good luck with your sound system.

I have been looking into mounting a CB, too. I have an '02 with the radio prep.

I am thinking of mounting it in the Glove box, changing out the antenna to a Firestix, cell phone look-a-like. I don't have the radio on hand so, I am shopping around, reviewing the features. I also, run FRS for bike to bike, so I need a compatible headset for the two radios. I don't have an Autocomm or any other communication 'black box' to tie it all together, Yet. I,too, am interested in other pionts of view on this.

I can honestly say hands down Autocom. I'm sure anyone who has one would say the same thing. The mike and headphones along with everything they make works great. Here's their web site if you want to check out all they can do.

They have good tech support and customer service if you wish to call them during the day with questions
.http://www.autocomamerica.com/index.asp
They're not the cheapest , but worth the dough for what they deliver.

Back