Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Accident Sunday near Rally site?

A article on the charges the woman faces. So sad two lives and the lives of their families destroyed. http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2007...news/news4.txt

S Rider
    They let the drunken little murderer go home on only $2500 bond. I can see it coming now... there will be no justice for this killer.

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Mar, the accident Friday in front of the rally gate was not Sam Munn. His accident was Tuesday evening in the parking lot near the entrance to road PV. Haven't heard who was involved in the Friday accident.
    Thanks, Chuck. Sheesh, too many accidents to keep track of.
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

Quote Originally Posted by JCabranes View Post
    Two injured in motorcycle crash
    Allenton - Two people riding a motorcycle were injured and the motorcycle started on fire after it collided with a car shortly before 8:30 a.m. today, the Allenton Volunteer Fire Department reported.

The two people injured were treated at the scene.

The Washington County Sheriff's Department was still at the scene -- Highway 33 and County Road WW, west of West Bend -- at mid-morning and additional information wasn't immediately available. [/B]
    That is really sad news... always hate to hear of anyone getting injured in an accident, but killed, and on the way home from a rally seems to really hit hard... I didn't know them, but I can feel for their family... This is the second incident, resulting in the deaths of three people that I've heard now. What a rough end to a great time...
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    That was Sam Munn, the Commercial Vendor Chairman. He is okay and was at his duties--although in a diminished capacity--during the rally. He suffered 3 broken ribs and some road rash.
    No, Sam had his accident before the rally even started, on Tuesday night. Friday around noon was Rob Lessen.
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

MY friend "Awful" Al was in an accident right before we arrived on Thursday. They were going for lunch and a 90 yr old woman turned in front of him, he swerved to avoid her and hit one of the orange traffic barrels and went down. Minimum damage to the bike , he had a banged up shoulder and some cracked ribs. He stayed the rest of the rally and we took care of him.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Registered User AandSBMWMotorcycles's Avatar
    Everyone here at A&S BMW Motorcycles would like to extend our condolences to the families who lost their loved ones in these tragic circumstances. Our thoughts are with them.

Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Accident at Rally site

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    That was Sam Munn, the Commercial Vendor Chairman. He is okay and was at his duties--although in a diminished capacity--during the rally. He suffered 3 broken ribs and some road rash.
    Actually Sam Munn was hit from behind ON the Rally grounds by a young lady going the wrong way down the one way entrance road who crossed over to the correct direction just as Sam had entered the exit road. This happened on Tuesday evening, not Friday.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

535IS
    Quote Originally Posted by rydor View Post
    They let the drunken little murderer go home on only $2500 bond. I can see it coming now... there will be no justice for this killer.
    Please read the Eighth Amendment to the Constitution.

While Wisconsin is, IMO, rather too liberal about alcohol abuse, they do not take killing other folks lightly.

JCABRANES
    Quote Originally Posted by 535is View Post
    Please read the Eighth Amendment to the Constitution.

While Wisconsin is, IMO, rather too liberal about alcohol abuse, they do not take killing other folks lightly.
    Nobody that I am aware of has claimed that she is not entitled to bond. People, including myself, are upset over the amount of the bond which is ridiculously low and does not bode well for the future.

From a member of the American Legion post comes the following email:

Last let me express my condolences on the tragic deaths of the 3 rally members. As I said earlier I am a retired State Trooper but I now work part time for the Sheriffs department and I was in the radio room last Monday when the call came in, my heart sunk when I heard it. IÔÇÖm sure you heard that in the other crash in Dodge County they charged the lady with Homicide by Intoxicated Use of a Motor Vehicle. Having been a Trooper in Dodge Co. I can tell you they are historically hard on those types of cases. Also there is one the State Patrols best Crash Re-constructionist assigned to Dodge Co. and he works closely with the Dodge Co Sheriffs Dept.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Daniel David Christ, 40 of Iowa City, Iowa died Sunday July 15, 2007 of injuries received in a motorcycle accident near Hartford, Wisconsin. Funeral Services will be held at 10:00 A.M. on Saturday, July 21, 2007 at Zion Lutheran Church, 310 N. Johnson, Iowa City. Visitation will be from 5-8 P.M. Friday, July 20 at Lensing Funeral Home, 605 Kirkwood Ave, Iowa City and at Zion Lutheran Church before the funeral. Memorials may be designated to the Zion Lutheran Church music program or Habitat for Humanity.

Daniel was born on March 30, 1967 in Iowa City, to David and Ruth (Moe) Christ. He graduated from West High School in 1985 and then from St. Olaf College in 1989. Daniel married Christine Stockard on June 3, 1989 at Zion Lutheran Church. He worked at Target in building maintenance for the last 10 years, and prior to that at Bachman's nursery in Lakeville, MN.

Daniel was a member of the Iowa City Community String Orchestra, Zion Lutheran Choir and was President of Pure Stodge Touring Association, BMW Motorcycle Club #30.

Daniel is survived by his wife Chris and son Jeffery of Iowa City, his parents David and Ruth of Iowa City, grandmother Helen Moe of Iowa City, brother Aaron of Anchorage, AK, sister Rachel (Sigurd) Steffensen of Kabelvaag, Norway and mother-in-law Mary Stockard of Crosslake, MN.

Daniel was preceded in death by his grandfathers and a grandmother.

On-line condolences may be directed to www.lensingfuneral.com.

K12KOOP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke View Post
    From a member of the American Legion post comes the following email:

Last let me express my condolences on the tragic deaths of the 3 rally members. As I said earlier I am a retired State Trooper but I now work part time for the Sheriffs department and I was in the radio room last Monday when the call came in, my heart sunk when I heard it. IÔÇÖm sure you heard that in the other crash in Dodge County they charged the lady with Homicide by Intoxicated Use of a Motor Vehicle. Having been a Trooper in Dodge Co. I can tell you they are historically hard on those types of cases. Also there is one the State Patrols best Crash Re-constructionist assigned to Dodge Co. and he works closely with the Dodge Co Sheriffs Dept.
    It would not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out... drunk and the wrong side of the road and a dead rider.... that seems pretty clear cut to me.

Koop

Fastdonna77
    this was posted to my e-group out of the cleveland www.bmwmoc.org
    Dear Members - This was received from Steven Bauer, Dodge County District Attorney, and thought you may be interested in responding. Thank you.

To whom it may concern:

As some of you may know, at 8:00am Sunday July 15, 2007 Daniel Christ from the Iowa City, Iowa, Pure Stodge Touring Association was killed by a drunk driver while leaving the BMWMOA International Rally in West Bend Wisconsin.

Our sadness of his death is eclipsed by our outrage over the intoxicated woman who killed him being released on only $ 2,500.00 cash bond. We are planning a protest on Thursday August 2nd, 2007 at the Dodge County Courthouse where we intend to pack the courtroom for her preliminary hearing. This is to show our support for the family and to let the court know we are watching and we care very much what happens.

While we understand it may be impossible for you to attend this hearing, we would ask that you write the District Attorney and share your thoughts concerning the appropriate penalty for this unfortunate, completely avoidable yet all too common occurrence.

Please write to:

Steven G. Bauer
    Dodge County District Attorney
    Administration Building
    127 E. Oak Street
    Juneau, Wisconsin 53039-1329

To retain credibility please be respectful in your comments. If you would like to send me the letters so I can personally deliver them to him send them to:

Cabranes Law Offices
    1442 N. Memorial Drive
    Racine, Wisconsin 53404

It doesn't matter the brand of motorcycle you ride, we need to let the court know we are out there. Should you have any questions please feel free to email kcabranes@wi.rr.com with the subject line of PROTEST RIDE.

Sincerely,

John and Kristin Cabranes

Racine, Wisconsin