• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Had so much fun...

J

JCABRANES

... putting on a Rustic Road Ride I think I'll do it again for the 08 Rally. No not a Rustic Road ride since Wyoming doesn't have a program like Wisconsin's but just a ride to and through a scenic area. I've just begun to do my research but this jumps out at me http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2165/stories/68106 What caught my attention is a winding road through the mountains and a pass at 9,666 ft. I'm thinking Gillette to Ten Sleep and back, lunch in Ten Sleep (if there is a place to eat)... approx. 265 miles round trip. Anyone interested? Anyone with a better suggestion for a day trip?

Put me down for this one

... putting on a Rustic Road Ride I think I'll do it again for the 08 Rally. No not a Rustic Road ride since Wyoming doesn't have a program like Wisconsin's but just a ride to and through a scenic area. I've just begun to do my research but this jumps out at me http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2165/stories/68106 What caught my attention is a winding road through the mountains and a pass at 9,666 ft. I'm thinking Gillette to Ten Sleep and back, lunch in Ten Sleep (if there is a place to eat)... approx. 265 miles round trip. Anyone interested? Anyone with a better suggestion for a day trip?

This sounds like the ticket!
I also have some friends in WYO that may be able to direct us to a few more good rides within a reasonable distance (under 300?). I will do some checking on this.
One thing to be said about Wyoming. It is a drop dead gorgeous out of this world with beauty and most of it (sans the tetons) has yet to be discovered by the build a condo type people! Unspoiled beauty if you can find it!

I've been to Ten Sleep, nice little (emphasis on little) town. Last time I was there a restaurant was on the east side, and an emporium that purveyed all sorts of things, including ice cream on the west. Named Dirty Sally's.

Thank you Jack for organizing the ride. We had a great time!

Happy you could be part of it. Sorry I didn't get a chance to really meet you and chat. Maybe next time.

Jack

I've been to Ten Sleep, nice little (emphasis on little) town. Last time I was there a restaurant was on the east side, and an emporium that purveyed all sorts of things, including ice cream on the west. Named Dirty Sally's.

Randy,

Thanks for the info. Never been to that area and don't know a thing about it. Any suggestions you may have regarding worthwhile rides int he area are appreciated.

Jack

Ten Sleep is a great town and the Big Horns are awesome. I am looking forward to Gillette already. I look forward to hitting some dirt roads with the RT (Road 'n' Trail).

I'd probably opt for a day trip to the Medicine Wheel, on 14A. Take 14 through Spotted Horse, Leiter and Ucross to Sheridan, then up to Burgess and over. Return via Greybull and up Shell Canyon, possibly the prettiest route in the Big Horns.

A guy on a GS who got up early could take Crazy Woman Canyon up to 16, ride over to Ten Sleep, and take the dirt road from there to Lost Cabin on the way to the ice cream shop in Shoshoni.

Well, Jack, it sounds like a good idea

I'd like to go on a nice long ride with you. Here's a couple of pics I took as you rode by (should have take one for the group as you guys passed by me).

Attachments

• _DSC1361 (Small).jpg
    _DSC1361 (Small).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 167
I remember passing by you... glad you didn't need our help. Anytime you want to go for a ride just let me know... I'm always good to go.

Jack,
Had great time on the RR ride. Thanks for putting it together and for adding the frozen custard stop. Put me down for the ride next year.

Dan Peace
R1150RT

Jack,
Had great time on the RR ride. Thanks for putting it together and for adding the frozen custard stop. Put me down for the ride next year.

Dan Peace
R1150RT

I'll keep you posted

Back