• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200GS I think these screws fell off my bike - Help

P

PHILMOTO85

As I as going to take my R1200GS 2005 off it's center stand today It made the usual kind of spring noise. But when I looked down there was a screw an sort of thick mesh washer and a smaller spacer that could have fit in the middle of the washer.

I'm not sure if they were there on the ground before or if they popped off when I was taking the bike off it's stand.

I am attaching a slightly blurry pic to this post.

Does anyone recognize these parts?

Attachments

• mime-attachment.jpeg
    mime-attachment.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 162
A secon shot with quarter for size reference

Here is a second shot with a quarter

Attachments

• screws.jpg
    screws.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 155
Is the bolt/screw a torx? If so - bet it's off the bike.. (unless you have something else that uses torx screws..)

Well, Phil? Don't keep us in suspense. Where'd they come from?

We need to know for the time we see them on our garage floors.

Fred
'07 R

Figured it out

Thanks everyone...

It came from the sheild the protects the driver from getting burned on the exhaust/ protects the exahust pipe before the muffler. There are three schews like this that hold it in place. Mine came from the spot closest to the muffler.

Now I just got to figure how to get it back on there lol

Thanks again =)

Back