• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttlemeister for 2003 R1150RT

N

novare

I just purchased a 2003 R1150RT. I have purchased a Throttlemeister throttle control for it. Can anyone give me a heads-up on how to adjust the bikes throtle/ brake assembly so the control meets the end of the grip. I have about
an 1/8" gap and need to move it over. I can't figure out how to get the kill switch lever off without buggering it up. After that I think I will be OK. That should access me to the clamp bolt. Thanks.:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

novare said:
I just purchased a 2003 R1150RT. I have purchased a Throttlemeister throttle control for it. Can anyone give me a heads-up on how to adjust the bikes throtle/ brake assembly so the control meets the end of the grip. I have about
an 1/8" gap and need to move it over. I can't figure out how to get the kill switch lever off without buggering it up. After that I think I will be OK. That should access me to the clamp bolt. Thanks.:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

Did you put all the shims they gave you in? If you did, start taking the shims out until you're close enough. I didn't have to move the switch cluster on Tina's R or my S.

There in lies the problem. I did not recieve a shim kit when I purchased the units. I was given 2 bar ends and a package of bolts. I will contact the company to send the proper contents.

novare said:
There in lies the problem. I did not recieve a shim kit when I purchased the units. I was given 2 bar ends and a package of bolts. I will contact the company to send the proper contents.

Well, you're OK then. The shims go in there to move the throttlemeister out. It sounds like your problem is that the throttlemeister is too far out already.

You want a picture?

You don't need shims.

To adjust the throttle housing outboard, you'll ned a 4mm hex key and #1 & #2 phillips drivers. Start by removing the tiny #1 phillips screw at the front of the housing, where the mirror stalk would fit if it had a mirror mounted at the brake assembly ala GS; next, find the #2 phillips screw underneath the right-side turn signal cancel button and remove it; remove the turn signal/cancel switch by pulling it back at the bottom and then "up"; now you'll see a 4mm hex head screw that clamps the housing to the bar - loosen it about 1 turn and you should be able to manuver the entire brake/throttle assembly toward the outside of the handlebar. Position the assembly so that there is about 1mm (0.040") clearance between the end of the throttle tube and the TMeister ring with the TMeister fully "off", then lock down the clamp screw and test the throttle locking action. More adjustments may be necessary to suit your sense of operation. When satisfied, reverse the process.

Keep in mind that when the heated grips are activated, the setting for the TMeister will change, too; you may have to re-adjust the setting after experimenting with grip heat.

HTH
mully

I too own a 2003 R1150RT and am looking to purchase a cruise control.

Does anyone have any experience with the one sold by Bob's BMW in Jessup, MD for my bike?

Back