• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Forum meeting?

What ever happened to that Friday morning breakfast meeting? Sometime back when the snow was on the ground this item was discussed.

After the usual thorough discussion and multiple posts many folks though a meeting on Friday morning had appeal. Have tried to locate the thread without success.

Would like to talk to all my friends here but can we hear?

Last edited:
Hey Paul,

Why don't you start a thread? Make an announcement about a forum breakfast and suggest a location. It may not draw as many as the "official" one, but I'm sure you'll get some of us.

Also, we can always take small groups outside the tent. My wife has a hearing loss and loud environments like these drive her crazy.

We'll work it out.

Found Them

This is like herding cats in a thunderstorm

herdingcats.jpg

Forum Users at the Rally

Rob Nye Post 64
Hey now,

IIRC the Forum crew has volunteered for a shift in the beer garden.

What I would suggest is that there be a forum gathering for coffee and conversation on the morning the forum is signed up for the beer garden.

The early risers could meet at the coffee area and plan a ride or lunch if desired.

For the evening session start about an hour before the end of the shift. "Tip" your servers by hanging around for the end of their shift and throw a couple of tokens their way.

Make it a full day of Forum Frenzy.

John Brase Post 65
I think the coffee clatsch is evolving toward Friday morn and the Forum bartending shift is Friday 4-8pm (am I right on this?). Starting the frenzy near the end of the bartending shift is an excellent idea, to say nothing about the tip part. Last year, by the time we got released from behind the tables the six or so frenzy atendees had dispersed. At Lima, on the other hand, the festivities went on and on ...and on.

John

PacWestGS #71
OK Doug, you're the new guy and have come up with a possible location. Now, go ask either owner if they would open the doors between 07:30 and 10:00 on Friday for between ONE and 100 folks. Provide coffee urns/pots and other hospitible items. We'll bring the dounuts, cups and napkins.

If members can't make breakfast then they can make cocktails Friday night between 20:00 to 21:00 under the "Forum" sign in the beer tent.

That's it, it's Friday 8:00 - 9:00 in the morning place yet to be identified, and 8:00 - 9:00 in the evening beer tent under the sign.

Things still to be finalized - Identification means (not important but nice) activities to be conducted (riding, socializing, drinking, and sometime later more drinking) I think we can all figure that one out.

I will pop for the stick-on name tags and magic marker. Where do I send them? Mar? (PM me your address)

DougC- we need a large enough parking lot to get in there? (maybe).

Fall In, Stand at ease. Rest...

Russ (I sure hope to be there)

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

ManiacMechanic #77
If I understand (and remember) correctly, there is to be a gathering of Forum Folks on Friday morning, as in before noon, for a meet-and-greet. I'm trying to get Forum folks to volunteer for a shift in the Beer Garten on Friday afternoon. At least that's what my somewhat feeble memory recalls as being what we've done the past few years. I believe that's usually right before the Board does their shift.

Howdy, Jim!

name tag

I'm gonna put 26667 on a piece of gaffer's and slap it on my cap. I'd like to meet some of the regulars. The forum's been a fun and informative way for me to get back into the bmw fold and I've gotten some great help and great laffs along the way. See you there.

Amazingly, things have changed to allow me to attend the rally! :thumb

I will wear a ball cap that says "FYYFF" on the front. Please step up and say "hi" if you see me. Looking forward to meeting folks that I don't know, and seeing people again that I do.

Bob

Amazingly, things have changed to allow me to attend the rally! :thumb

I will wear a ball cap that says "FYYFF" on the front. Please step up and say "hi" if you see me. Looking forward to meeting folks that I don't know, and seeing people again that I do.

Bob

Hmmm... That's just how I found you last year, Bob! ;)

Get there safely. Looking forward to seeing you again. I leave the Apple early Tuesday.

forum frenzy fizzled last year

lets make this year great, like it was in lima

i'll even dig out the "Bubba Zanetti" shirt

funny how distance to a rally really increases the excitement, at least for me.

I've got the forum banner. :D

I'm going to hand it off to someone to see if they can get it hung up. That would help us locate each other a little better, wouldn't it?

I've got the forum banner. :D

I'm going to hand it off to someone to see if they can get it hung up. That would help us locate each other a little better, wouldn't it?

How's the road, Mr. President. I'm thinking good thoughts for those of you travelling in this heat.

Back