• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Why no Track Day?

Becky973

:nono Why did the track day at the national rally get canceled? Road America is a great track to ride. Riders can learn so much about themselves and their bikes by doing a track day without the problem of getting a bike "track day" ready.

Hello Becky....

The Track Day event was organized by Sport Bike Track Time, an organization that is not affilitated with the BMW MOA. They organized and set this event up as a possible fun outing for some of the rally attendees, if they wanted to pay the fee.

Unfortunately, they did not get enough people to sign up for the sessions, so they needed to cancel.

While we agree that it would have been fun for our riders, we also understand the reason why SportBikeTrackTime had no other choice in this matter.

Let me underscore one more time that this was not an official BMW MOA event - we merely helped to promote it because we thought there would be many interested rally attendees.

Please accept my apology for any confusion or disappointment.

On the other hand - the rally has a lot of other things to do on Friday, so rest assured, you will not be bored.

:)

Can we take a new survey of interest and see if this event can be revived?

donkes,

Again, this was not a BMW MOA sponsored event. You would need to contact Sport Bike Track Time directly regarding your question.

What about that other fine tradition.....BMW rents the track to coincide with the rally and offers slots based on riding experience etc....puts on lunch and a fine swag bag. And a good time was had by all. Wouldn't it be lovely?

:nono Why did the track day at the national rally get canceled? Road America is a great track to ride. Riders can learn so much about themselves and their bikes by doing a track day without the problem of getting a bike "track day" ready.

I think its something to do with the $275 fee, when you can take a track day the day before or after Friday for $150...

What about that other fine tradition.....BMW rents the track to coincide with the rally and offers slots based on riding experience etc....puts on lunch and a fine swag bag. And a good time was had by all. Wouldn't it be lovely?

If I recall when Sue, the Rally Chair, talked with Road America the track was booked during the rally time. A cancellation led to the non-BMW MOA sanctioned event opportunity from an outside promoter that could not pull off the event.

Back