• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2007 National MOA computer Registration

TourDawg

Question:

You pay your 30 dollars following the respective requests............. you print the "Purchase Detail sheet" on your printer, But there is no "confirmation" via return e-mail or "thank you" or "check this list" or your credit card has deducted etc. I feel we should see the PAID amount or really something that indicates MOA has received and you have complied with all the requirements. We get nothing back after the fact. As it stands it is about like doing a "print screen" and doesn't prove you have paid.
You buy some 30 dollar item from just about any reputable venue on the Web and they tell you the amount that will be deducted from your credit card. You get some kind of separate response.

What's the situation MOA? :dunno

Question:

You pay your 30 dollars following the respective requests............. you print the "Purchase Detail sheet" on your printer, But there is no "confirmation" via return e-mail or "thank you" or "check this list" or your credit card has deducted etc. I feel we should see the PAID amount or really something that indicates MOA has received and you have complied with all the requirements. We get nothing back after the fact. As it stands it is about like doing a "print screen" and doesn't prove you have paid.
You buy some 30 dollar item from just about any reputable venue on the Web and they tell you the amount that will be deducted from your credit card. You get some kind of separate response.

What's the situation MOA? :dunno

I don't know what your situation is, perhaps it is a problem with the user interface?

But I do know that if you want an effective resolution to your particular issue you would probably do much better with either a phone call or email to the office directly.

They are not paid to read the forum.

Everyone who registers online for an event will get an email confirmation after their payment has been processed. In addition, a printed confirmation will be sent via regular mail. If for some reason you don't receive an email it's because we either don't have any email on file for you, or the one we have is not current. The email I'm referring to is the one in our MOA MEMBER database (think Secure Services), NOT the email address in your Fourums vBulletin database profile. If you need assistance with updating your membership profile, feel free to contact the office.

Thanks everyone for the replies,

However, my credit card account has been deducted (30 dollars) but no e-mail or anything.
It doesn't seem right to do business this way? But maybe something that could/ should be automated is just overwhelmed.

Hopefully the affirming e-mail will be forthcoming and all will be well.

Thanks everyone for the replies,

However, my credit card account has been deducted (30 dollars) but no e-mail or anything.
It doesn't seem right to do business this way? But maybe something that could/ should be automated is just overwhelmed.

Hopefully the affirming e-mail will be forthcoming and all will be well.

It's not a business issue. It's a technical issue. It's a fine way to do business, but when dealing with thousands of computers each with unique users and configurations, there are sometimes unavoidable technical issues.

Did you check your profile and confirm that your email address in secure services is accurate?

Are you using the Internet Explorer browser?
I had problems with Firefox.

It's not a business issue. It's a technical issue. It's a fine way to do business, but when dealing with thousands of computers each with unique users and configurations, there are sometimes unavoidable technical issues.

Did you check your profile and confirm that your email address in secure services is accurate?

Are you using the Internet Explorer browser?
I had problems with Firefox.

IIRC When I registered on line there was a warning about being sure you were using IE as your browser?

I just talked to a nice young lady at BMWMOA HQ and she says I'll get a "snail mail" but no e-mail. I'll argue this is a poor way to do business. And, yes my e-mail address is correct and valid (secure). Human interaction when none is really required.............. it doesn't sound like an efficient way to run an office to me. IT hello?!

Within seconds after my credit card was deducted an auto generated, "Hello, and Thank You, blank amount has been deducted from blank credit card." "It has been a pleasure serving you, blank"! And, if the e-mail didn't go thru after a time increment another attempt should be performed automatically.

I know you are not selling competitive "widgets" but in a way you are................

He has a point, when I did my preregistration for the BMWRA rally at the Biltmore I got an E-mail conformation the same day.

....... IT hello?!

That's right, blame it on IT. :(

I don't think we're getting the whole story here, when there have been others who have had no problem receiving an e-mail confirmation.

The lady at BMWMOA HQ offered no explaination other than "no e-mail for you"?

I'm sure there is some explanation here, but it may not be worth the while to troubleshoot, depending on the severity of the problem. (i.e. is this happening to one member or thousands) As someone previously stated "when dealing with thousands of computers each with unique users and configurations, there are sometimes unavoidable technical issues".

Actually I think the BMWMOA HQ handled it perfectly. They have contingency plan in place where one can speak to a human if a member has a problem with online registration. You proved the contingency plan works since your registration transaction did'nt work as planned, but you were able to get confirmation that you were registered.

I agree that an instant email response would be appropriate/extected in this day & age. I also think that the signup form should request an email address to use for that reply or at least show the email address on file so that I could change it. This entire secure site vs forums with different logins and passwords is a mess. When I'm at a WEB site I expect one interface, not seperate entities.

However, I did as suggested and called the MOA office moments ago and Beth? quickly verified that indeed I was registered. Good enough for me. Thanx's Beth I'll sleep better knowing that I'm in the database.

See ya in West Bend
Brian

Confirmation

Tourdawg, I just sent you a confirmation to the email we have in our database. If you have any problems let me know.

Now, for the rest you before this goes any further.....

Due the overwhelming volume of pre-registratins from those who wait until the last minute to register we are still in the process of sending out confirmations.

I am the one who handles pre-registration so if you ever have a problem click on the link for questions for registration and the email will come directly to me. I am also the Office Manager so if you ever have a problem or you are not satisfied with a response you have received from someone in the office let me know and I will take care of it. I don't get on the forum unless someone brings to my attention something that needs addressing, such as this.

Once again, if you ever need help or have a question don't hesitate to call or email me. I will take care of you!

Now carry on...............and ride safe.

Tammy Leuthauser
Office & Logistics Manager
BMW MOA

Confirmation

Tourdawg, I just sent you a confirmation to the email we have in our database. If you have any problems let me know.

Now, for the rest of you before this goes any further.....

Due to the overwhelming volume of pre-registrations from those who wait until the last minute to register we are still in the process of sending out confirmations.

I am the one who handles pre-registration so if you ever have a problem click on the link for questions for registration and the email will come directly to me. I am also the Office Manager so if you ever have a problem or you are not satisfied with a response you have received from someone in the office let me know and I will take care of it. I don't get on the forum unless someone brings to my attention something that needs addressing, such as this.

Once again, if you ever need help or have a question don't hesitate to call or email me. I will take care of you!

Tammy Leuthauser
BMW MOA

I also did not get an email confirmation. And, being boned tired, clicked on the wrong button and did not print out page when I was done. I have been looking for an email.

Now, for the rest you before this goes any further.....

Due the overwhelming volume of pre-registratins from those who wait until the last minute to register we are still in the process of sending out confirmations.

Tammy Leuthauser
BMW MOA
\

Big thumbs up Tammy.

Thanks for the explanation and the invite to contact you when there are questions.

I really like the way HQ staff steps up and addresses issues.

I know the IT staff is working on new software for MOA and perhaps these issues will resolve themselves once the new software is installed.

Thanks again Tammy for the response.

Back