• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Death Valley Daze 2004

Rick Landi was there and wasn't too happy about me catching him with a bad case of tent head.

2142776-M.jpg

Here's Brian Curry (DATA) on the right and a couple of guys whose name I can't recall. See previous notes about last word, etc. for lame excuse.

2142779-M.jpg

Not sure who this guy is, but it's probably wise to keep your bourbon away from him.

2142781-M.jpg

KBasa said:
I also ran into Mick McKinnon and his lovely wife, whose name I have forgotten because I'm a last word getting, self centered kind of guy. Sorry, Mick. Your wife's a peach.

You sure it has nothing to do with Bourbon?

So anyway, where was I? I was still wandering around the campground, trying to head up for some breakfast, where I ran into DarrylRi, JF Brown and Steve Woodward, who were on their way to the campground.

2142783-M.jpg

At breakfast, I ran into these folks:

Herb and Wilma Stark, who'd ridden in from Avinger, TX:
2142785-M.jpg

and Skipper Brown, in from Phoenix:
2142786-M.jpg

I pretty much spent the afternoon doing a whole lot of nothing. I was going to take a ride and do some hiking, but instead, I sat around and shot the breeze all afternoon with the other slackers.

Dale Blanchard came by on his electric scooter, outfitted with a ham radio rig.

Dale's a geek. He's one of my people, I think.

2142797-M.jpg

Thanks for the reporting

I am so jealous of the riding and scenery. Oh yeah and of the fine adult beverages.

Glad to hear Tony is going to be okay.

Well, long about 4, it was Swag Time. We had a nice collection of swag donated by dealers all over the west.
Thanks to all the dealers for helping us out!

We had enough stuff that everybody got something and then we had to put all the tickets back in and start drawing again. Outstanding! We also had a $250 gift certificate for a Rocky Mayer seat. His brother Rick was there and anted up the same toward a Rick Mayer seat.

Cary Little of Marin BMW donated a whole bunch of stuff and was kind enough to ship items that donors sent me here at the house.

If I think about it a little, I can come up with the Mayer brothers, Marin BMW, Santa Cruz BMW, A&S BMW, California Sport Touring, Bento's in Bakersfield, Kern KTM in Bakersfield, Santa Rosa BMW, Marty's BMW in San Diego, Harry Poindexter from Center Conway, NH and Bones over at Post Enterprises.

2142811-M.jpg

And Flash Gordon MD donated a copy of his book, Blood, Sweat and Gears and also a little something special for some lucky guy.

Or girl, maybe. :dunno

2142814-M.jpg

Rich Kapushinski was the pin guy and had all the pins that Fulton Martin put together. Thanks Fulton! :wave

We also gave out door prize tickets at the same time. If you look, you can see Steve Sanchez over at the other end of the table giving the tickets out.

Is there anything better than folks volunteering?

2142813-M.jpg

And, of course, Mr. Curry got up and addressed the crowd.

2142815-L.jpg

Back