• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The important stuff: What beer?

knary

looking for a coal mine
What beer is going to be available at the rally? I'll reserve my opinion of midwestern beer for later in the thread. :ha

:lurk

You have to be kidding?
In Wisconsin...it's all good:clap

I'll be on the hunt for crisp pilsners with good bite, hoppy IPAs, sturdy chocolatey stouts, even fresh Hefeweizens or dare I even suggest a Lambic or two. Anything but stuff like the Wisconsin beer we tried last November at some supposedly famous brew place where every beer I sampled was a variation on sweetened budweiser strained through a dirty sock. Maybe I just forgot to add the cheese.

:hide

I'll be on the hunt for crisp pilsners with good bite, hoppy IPAs, sturdy chocolatey stouts, even fresh Hefeweizens or dare I even suggest a Lambic or two. Anything but stuff like the Wisconsin beer we tried last November at some supposedly famous brew place where every beer I sampled was a variation on sweetened budweiser strained through a dirty sock. Maybe I just forgot to add the cheese.

:hide

i got no clue where to find anything but high life.....
what kind of lambic?
fruit
mixed
faro????

also knary weren't you sick that weekend? a touch of the flu?

i got no clue where to find anything but high life.....
what kind of lambic?
fruit
mixed
faro????

I prefer my belgians un-fruited. But I'll mostly be on the hunt for pilseners. Best, IMO, are the german - Bitburger, Radebeger or even old faithful, Spaten.

Ah, yes. Thank you. I'll muddle through so long as I stay away from the New Glarus Spotted Cow which is the exact beer that reminded me of unfortunately bland sweetened sweaty budweiser.
Blasphemy.

WOW...beer drinking has got so complicated. Used to be a bag of pork rinds, a cold Bud and a juke box would do just fine...

But I am looking forward to new brew, as long as it's cold.

I like beer. I have to try them to know if I like them. New Glarus? The stuff I had was OK and didn't suffer too badly from the usual over malt and over hop problem most microbreweries suffer from.

Anybody know if I can get a SNPA there? :ha

Ale??

Is there a possibility of a darkish hoppy ale?:drink I have no (almost none) taste.

Last edited:
beer is very similiar to bread...
some people like the taste of wonder bread beers that can handle 6 week ocean voyages with temperature extremes and rough handling, traveling sometimes thousands of miles before being drank.

others prefer the still warm fresh bread taste of the local bakery down the street

luckily hops are a preservative in beer, and provide something to taste after the delicate flavors have been destroyed

Definitely a subjective medium.
If everyone liked the same things wouldn't this be a boring world?

a blind taste test challenge may be in order....

that means we drink beer till we can't see so good

Beer snobs bore me to tears

Yikes. Beer is the workin' mans drink. :drink

Anyone pretending otherwise (AKA beer snob) is bordering on being a pretentious bore.:snore :bolt

Ah, yes. Thank you. I'll muddle through so long as I stay away from the New Glarus Spotted Cow which is the exact beer that reminded me of unfortunately bland sweetened sweaty budweiser.

Hey Sparky,

You diss'n the largest brewer in the world? Their world HQ is only 50 miles west of here and I'm pretty sure I saw your pic on the wall the last time we toured the brew house. Instead of "Wanted" it said "Stay away from this guy.":D :D :D :D :D

Oh, wait a minute. I misread what you wrote. You like Bud, it's only when it is ruined by being bland, sweetened and sweaty that you don't like it.:thumb

The perfect beer is a journey made one beer at time not a destination. I have been at it for years and hope to be for many more.
:brow

Now where did I leave that glass?

:drink

Anybody know if I can get a SNPA there? :ha

(Beer snob voice on) Sierra Nevada? Formulaic flavor profile of the brewing program at UC Davis! Can't we look for something more.....original? :hungover (pinky finger raised slightly as I sniff into the air)

(Beer snob voice on) Sierra Nevada? Formulaic flavor profile of the brewing program at UC Davis! Can't we look for something more.....original? :hungover (pinky finger raised slightly as I sniff into the air)

This would be you boring yourself? :brad

I'm not a beer snob. I just have this bad habit of wanting to put things in my mouth that don't taste bad.

Back